A/C made a whining noise and no longer blows out cold air...

• Sponsors (?)

Turn on the A/C and idle the engine. Open the hood and check to see if the compressor is turning. If not, pull the connection at the Low Pressure Cycling Switch and jumper the connection. See if the compressor starts. If not, the last place to check is the WOT relay on the front side of the passenger-side shock tower for burnt insulation of the wires. If so, repair the wires, then try the above again.

Honestly, a noise like such sounds as if your compoessor has gone bad. Could possibly be the clutch and the field coil.

If it's your clutch, that can be replaced without breaking open the A/C for ~$100.

If it's the compressor, it sounds like a seal went bad or such. If so, you have also sent trash into the A/C system. This means tearing open the system, flushing the system to get out all of the junk, replacing the compressor (reman w/clutch ~$215, new w/clutch ~$250) a new liquid line with orifice (it gets clogged from the junk - ~$25), a new accumulator (it should be replaced whenever the system is cracked open and when the compressor is replaced - ~$125), new o-rings (~$5), vacuum the system, add the proper oil then recharge.

Best to take it to a reputable shop that you trust for diagnosis.

Good luck.

If it costs all that for a new compresser, I might be doing an A/C delete kit. I only use it when womens are in the car anyway, and they can drive their own car for that much money. Thanks for all the info man, I'll check through what you said!

Nik