A/C Problem and Low Coolant Light

00Blue-Convert

Mar 21, 2010
Hello,

Just received a phone call from girlfriend saying her A/C is not working and that the low coolant light was on

I have noticed the low coolant light before and the coolant was just flushed and refilled (I have check it numerous times to make sure the air is out and refilled it to make sure it is correct) Last time the light came on I noticed the Coolant Gauge really wasn't moving?? But then it started working fine week later.. LOL

I asked her if the A/C ever got cold and she said no it is just blowing out hot air...

I haven't had a chance to look at it. Right now I am just trying to do research on some tests I can do to figure out whats up.

Any suggestions?

Its a 2000 Mustang 4.6 Convert with around 85k

ALSO Around 85k what are common things that fail?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

So the coolant light is on and the coolant level is not low? Then the sensor in the reservoir may be stuck.

AC not blowing cold air, you may need to recharge your AC system.

So the coolant light is on and the coolant level is not low? Then the sensor in the reservoir may be stuck.

AC not blowing cold air, you may need to recharge your AC system.

Thanks for the response. I believe the sensor is stuck

I tried putting a jumper wire onto the Low-side of the A/c and the compressor would not turn on... so the AC does not need to be charged

Gf states she drove car through a flooded part of the road.. don't know how deep though...

Im thinking either Compressor or CCRM but not sure how would test??

I realized I was jumping the Low side wrong. I re-did the test and the compressor kicked on and seemed to function right..

So I go out and get some R134a refill kit, Read instructions and it says to run the motor with Max A/c while re-filling. When I first put the gauge on it was reading really low (Almost in the green however). I Started it up and began filling and the compressor kicks on at 45psi and then the needle on the gauge drops and the compressor kicks off below the green line ~25psi.. The compressor would stay running for half a second and then kick off... I Shut off the car and the gauge now reads 100psi.. (From what Ive read this is ok for the warm temp outside)

Does it sound like I should through a low pressure switch in?

Man does r134a smell bad.. Label says " Causes instant death"