a few 440 big block conversion ?'s

• Sponsors (?)

What's with all the retarded engine swaps lately? Are people that disgusted by the Ford power plants we were endowed with that we really need to start stepping over to Brand X for an engine?

if putting a chevy motor in a ford wasnt bad enough... some ones wants to put a mopar pile of **** in one??? really what the ****...

mopar guys are even bigger purists than ford guys. I dont think anyone has done this and made it public. they would be catching bullets in their sleep...

How do ya go from american muscle being swapped around to foreign weed wacker/angry bee in a coffee can crap? :rlaugh:

That makes a lot of sense Brian! :lol: I feel sorry for you man, i didnt think the idea of sticking with the Big 3 was that complicated :(

Hey...."an engine is an engine", right? Your own words Nate my friend. ;)

...and don't feel sorry for me. I'm more than happy with the engine that my Ford vehicle(s) come with. If I feel the need to add power, I'll add a blower....oh wait...I did that. :p

If I feel I need a larger engine, I'll stick with one of the many, many proven Ford power plants available. There's no need to shop outside the blue oval for one. There are plenty fine Ford examples to choose from, none of which would require near the custom work, parts and as a byproduct cost to make work/fit in comparison to any "Brand X" mill swap.

Now....:Zip2:

Hey...."an engine is an engine", right? Your own words Nate my friend. ;)

...and don't feel sorry for me. I'm more than happy with the engine that my Ford vehicle(s) come with. If I feel the need to add power, I'll add a blower....oh wait...I did that. :p

If I feel I need a larger engine, I'll stick with one of the many, many proven Ford power plants available. There's no need to shop outside the blue oval for one. There are plenty fine Ford examples to choose from, none of which would require near the custom work, parts and as a byproduct cost to make work/fit in comparison to any "Brand X" mill swap.

Now....:Zip2:

Brian you know good and well how i feel about the engine swaps from our other thread right? So to only take my "an engine is an engine" comment and ignore the rest that you already know is just plain stupid :shrug:

What does you adding a blower have to do with anything?:nice:

Staying inside of your blue oval can bring a ton custom work, parts, costs, etc depending on your starting chassis. This hobby isnt always about getting blowers. Or spending the fewest amount of $ per HP gained. Or staying brand loyal.

I prefer a lot of stuff like you, but i try not to limit too much.

Carry on.:Word:

Brian you know good and well how i feel about the engine swaps from our other thread right? So to only take my "an engine is an engine" comment and ignore the rest that you already know is just plain stupid :shrug:

What does you adding a blower have to do with anything?:nice:

Staying inside of your blue oval can bring a ton custom work, parts, costs, etc depending on your starting chassis. This hobby isnt always about getting blowers. Or spending the fewest amount of $ per HP gained. Or staying brand loyal.

I prefer a lot of stuff like you, but i try not to limit too much.

Carry on.:Word:

Keep in mind which one of us started this little exchange smarty pants. Don't go getting bent out of shape now because you don't like the direction it’s taken. :)

And I ignored nothing from our previous conversations. In fact, our previous conversations have only further proven my points at the time and continue to do so again.

Custom swaps for the sake of being different are dandy, but don't expect everyone to like it. I, like many other members here am a brand loyalist and enjoy sticking with Ford specific parts and applications. Besides, we have both seen it proven time and time again that there was no real advantage to doing a swap like this other than fulfilling some desire to be "original". Power, performance, weight and drivability can easily be made equal between all of the big 3 North American manufacturer engine offerings, so there's no real advantage to jumping ship to a Brand-X powerplant for those reasons.

After all is said and done, the cost is still higher, custom work is still needed and end results still vary when swapping in a foreign power/drivetrain.

Now....for you to ignore those facts, would be "just plain stupid"! ;)

And I threw the blower in there for continuity sake. I would rather increase horsepower of a particular application one of several different ways, before desecrating the engine bay of the vehicle with a non Ford Power plant.

So go ahead, if it works for you.....dare to be different. Just don’t get worked up when the criticism rains down. There just happen to be a few of us on this board that choose to keep a realistic perspective and stand by our Brand Loyalty. It’s not about being closed minded, it’s about practicality and devotion to product originality. :shrug:

Custom swaps for the sake of being different are dandy, but don't expect everyone to like it. I, like many other members here am a brand loyalist and enjoy sticking with Ford specific parts and applications. Besides, we have both seen it proven time and time again that there was no real advantage to doing a swap like this other than fulfilling some desire to be "original". Power, performance, weight and drivability can easily be made equal between all of the big 3 North American manufacturer engine offerings, so there's no real advantage to jumping ship to a Brand-X powerplant for those reasons.

After all is said and done, the cost is still higher, custom work is still needed and end results still vary when swapping in a foreign power/drivetrain.

Now....for you to ignore those facts, would be "just plain stupid"! ;)

Your really missing the point and there is so much wrong with that statement its rediculous, if i built a 6.0 LS motor, with a set of LS3 heads, cam and a carb'd intake, it would be capable of mid 10's on motor, without breathing hard. You would not be able to do this for the same price as a windsor, and the LS is gonna be more reliable. I'm not doing it just because ive already sunk a bunch of money into a 302 based setup, but you cant argue it isnt cheaper, cause it is, the LS stuff dosent even require any real custom fab work, the headers, k-member, etc are all the same price as blue oval stuff and either way your buying the parts

Your really missing the point and there is so much wrong with that statement its rediculous, if i built a 6.0 LS motor, with a set of LS3 heads, cam and a carb'd intake, it would be capable of mid 10's on motor, without breathing hard. You would not be able to do this for the same price as a windsor, and the LS is gonna be more reliable. I'm not doing it just because ive already sunk a bunch of money into a 302 based setup, but you cant argue it isnt cheaper, cause it is, the LS stuff dosent even require any real custom fab work, the headers, k-member, etc are all the same price as blue oval stuff and either way your buying the parts

What point did I miss exactly? A 351W based stroker with decent aluminum heads and intake will make every bit the power (if not more) than an 6.0L LS3 engine will at the same, or even less cost. Not only does it keep the Ford blood running blue through and through, but it needs little more than a set of engine mounts, 351W specific headers and an oil pan for the swap?

No K-member, GM specific ignition and wiring harness, custom fuel system, exhaust, transmission and additional drivetrain components, radiator, etc, etc, etc and other nickel and dime stuff necessary. And that's assuming of course you're deleting the stock A/C system and Hydroboost brake set up...because you'll otherwise have to address the new plumbing for those items with the LSX swap as well.

Go ahead....make us a list of the needed parts for the LSX swap versus a 351W swap and see which is easier or more cost effective....I'll wait. :shrug:

What point did I miss exactly? A 351W based stroker with decent aluminum heads and intake will make every bit the power (if not more) than an 6.0L LS3 engine will at the same, or even less cost. Not only does it keep the Ford blood running blue through and through, but it needs little more than a set of engine mounts, 351W specific headers and an oil pan for the swap?

No, you cant. a 6.0 will make 550 hp without breathing hard, it would take at least a 393w to make that power NA, and by the time you buy a block have the machine work done and the stroker kit, your gonna be in it for at least $3000, then you still have to buy a whole top end.

No K-member, GM specific ignition and wiring harness, custom fuel system, exhaust, transmission and additional drivetrain components, radiator, etc, etc, etc and other nickel and dime stuff necessary. And that's assuming of course you're deleting the stock A/C system and Hydroboost brake set up...because you'll otherwise have to address the new plumbing for those items with the LSX swap as well.

Go ahead....make us a list of the needed parts for the LSX swap versus a 351W swap and see which is easier or more cost effective....I'll wait. :shrug:

If your building a car worth its weight in pimp juice, then your going to replace all that stuff anyways, who making over 500 hp dosent have a custom fuel system(which you dont need for an LS swap BTW, you can use most of the stock lines), exhaust, aluminum radiator, the list goes on.

I get it, you dont like crossbreeding, thats fine, really dosent bother me, but saying its cheaper just isnt true, its much more work making power from a windsor based motor. If you dont believe me just look at the 09 engine masters challenge, one team had a 6L LS that they re-used the bearings in, used a GM head and were competitive with it, and they were going up against motors that would probly cost 20k to build

If your building a car worth its weight in pimp juice, then your going to replace all that stuff anyways, who making over 500 hp dosent have a custom fuel system(which you dont need for an LS swap BTW, you can use most of the stock lines), exhaust, aluminum radiator, the list goes on.

This whole thread was spiraling downhill and then I read that. I dont want to stoke the fire, but some people have yet to realize that the LSx was touched by God. On a serious note though. For an all track/race car the LSx is the engine to have for all the above listed points. If Ford's Windsor applications made that kind of power N/A and as efficiently as GM's product does then this would be a moot point, but the fact of the matter is they don't. GM stuck with the pushrod and now it can do things that engines 20 hell even 10 years ago couldnt dream of, which is what we are left dealing with with Windsor based motors.