a few more ponys for my pony car

Recently bought an 04 GT with the 2 valve 281. It is setting bone stock right now. I am NOT looking to add massive power. Only 40-80 at the wheels. This is my daily driver so I am not willing to sacrifice driveability, reliability, or mileage. I figure a cold air kit and a chip are musts but after that what should I consider?

• Sponsors (?)

You're going to sacrifice some driveability/reliability/mileage if you want 50+rwhp out of these cars.

Full exhaust and cams should get you there.

I am NOT looking to add massive power. Only 40-80 at the wheels.
:lol:

That's a lot and it'll take a lot to get that. Personally, I'd do like most others do - add a mid pipe, catback, cold air intake, chip / tuner, and 4.10 gears...and then see how you like your car. It'll sound and feel a whole lot faster, although you'll probably only have gained 20 RWHP.

A 75 shot would give you a nice kick without sacrifiing driveability, reliability, or mileage. There are plenty of safety mechanisms which can be installed to keep it reliable.

Or, a low boost blower. Seriously though, the numbers you are talking about aren't in bolt-on range unless you are starting with a wheezy NPI engine.

Recently bought an 04 GT with the 2 valve 281. It is setting bone stock right now. I am NOT looking to add massive power. Only 40-80 at the wheels. This is my daily driver so I am not willing to sacrifice driveability, reliability, or mileage. I figure a cold air kit and a chip are musts but after that what should I consider?

Just about every other bolt on you can possibly imagine will net you 50-60 hp at THE MOST. I am talking about CAI, X Pipe, Catback, Headers, TB, Upper intake Plenum, Underdrive Pullies, Gears, ( no real HP gains, but the BEST Bang for the Buck ), it's all corporate Bull****! Take it from someone who found out the hard way, like many of us have. I spent nearly as much for all my Bolt-Ons as I did for my SC. Pre SuperCharger w/ many bolt-ons - 317 RWHP, up from the Stock 260. Blew my motor,( Bad Tune, that Bastard ) now look at my Sig. SuperCharged with all the required goodies, a good tune, 448 RWHP, can run high 11's. Me so happy, me floor it long time!

Thanks for the advice. I know it will take nearly every bolt on I can come up with. Thats the fun part. I always have a next project. There is the option of major power adders (N2O, supercharger, turbo) later - much later. Right now I am just looking for specific brands, models, or styles of boltons that work better with this car. Gears are a must as the limited slip that is factory is limited in its workings (sometime instead of 2 pretty stripes I get a peg leg) A friend said 3.90s which are hard to find in that 8.8 and another said 4.10s. I had a roommate in college with 4.10s in a fox body and there was no way I would drive that around town while trying to sip coffee. The friend who suggested 3.90s also suggested a programmer with presets and a touch screed that would allow the driver to change computer settings on the fly. He couldn't remember a brand name or model. Anyone have experience with a tuner that has a touch screen and preset power levels. If so; which one and is it worth it as apposed to one that can not be changed by touching the screed?