• Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All

A question about Fender Stripes...

  • Thread starter Thread starter DMA
  • Start date Start date Apr 4, 2006
D

DMA

New Member
Aug 28, 2005
1
0
0
Apr 4, 2006
#1
  • Apr 4, 2006
  • #1
I like the way the two diaganal fender stripes look (sorry I don't have any pictures), I'm sure someone will know what I'm talking about. I think this was made popular/used by corvette racers and others to identify drivers of similarly painted race cars. Is this a corvette only thing, is it appropritate on a mustang? Thanks for you help.

Mike
 

MineralMan

Active Member
May 17, 2005
146
76
38
San Diego, CA
Apr 12, 2006
#2
  • Apr 12, 2006
  • #2
I'm sure this is what you are referring to:


I've seen this mostly on the Corvette, but I also saw this on a BMW 318ti Hatchback (with M3 Powertrain), but it was the BMW M tri-color stripes... but draped over the fender edge ilke this.

Here's a camaro painted up like the Corvette GS


I most definetly associate this as a Chevy thing, and not a Ford thing.
 

Attachments

  • gs-480.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 295
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
373
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Progress Thread 93 LX father son project
  • ZAM93LX
  • Oct 26, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Dec 3, 2025
Scrapla347
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
340
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Eastern North Carolina Autocross Events!
  • Warhorse Racing
  • Feb 23, 2026
  • Regional Forums and Event Information
Replies
0
Views
411
Regional Forums and Event Information Feb 23, 2026
Warhorse Racing
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
329
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?