A sad day

• Sponsors (?)

Damn, that sucks. Glad he was ok.

Plenty of good parts there still.

Yeah, the drivetrain is fine. Has a stock bottom end, GT40X Aluminum Heads, Comp Cam, Roller rockers, Real 93 Cobra intake, new clutch, t-5, etc. He will be fine if he finds the right car and swaps his good parts over. Has 5 lug parts that are all good except the passengers front.... :eek:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Of course... a Chevy with a Bo & Luke Duke license plate. Probably a stick figure pissing on a Ford decal on it somewhere.

AND a drunk guy driving. My friend said after the crash, the driver of the truck pulled out a 12 pack of beer and pounded 4 of them. When the cops showed up the dude said he was so "stressed" from the crash that he started drinking. I know the trick. Seen it a hundred times. So, the cop couldn't prove the guy was intoxicated BEFORE the crash......the guy also had THREE KIDS in the bed of the truck at the time of the crash.

Chris

AND a drunk guy driving. My friend said after the crash, the driver of the truck pulled out a 12 pack of beer and pounded 4 of them. When the cops showed up the dude said he was so "stressed" from the crash that he started drinking. I know the trick. Seen it a hundred times. So, the cop couldn't prove the guy was intoxicated BEFORE the crash......the guy also had THREE KIDS in the bed of the truck at the time of the crash.

Chris
Back where I Growed Up that would not have happened. In Michigan when that blue car/suv rolls up with that single gumball on top. You better be on top of your game or you'll be face down on pavement. If a person who was driving a vehicle, was the only eligible driver, has the keys to that vehicle and is intoxicated. YOU your getting a DUI. I have seen people parked and sitting on a tailgate get a DUI because they have a beer in their hand and JUST popped the top.

I have also seen in the Great State of the Commonwealth of KY a person sustaining injuries as a result from an accident. It was written up on the citation just like that. Man rear ended a suv. Man was driving a Jeep Comanche which has a STOUT front bumper with a Warn Winch (a friend of mine). He was coming over a blind hill and at the bottom is a left hand turn where a lady in a suv was sitting and waiting on traffic. My friend did not stop in time, crushed the rear of the suv, to kids in the back seat of it.

Husband of lady was literally behind my friend and seen it all happen. Kids and wife were fine. My friend had injuries which were the result of the accident after the husband caused the injuries. Police said, well, it happens.

Not exactly...but it is his fault. Going too fast and wasn't expecting the right-hand turn.

The Fox curse. They are hard to drive hard and you have to drive them hard pretty frequently if you expect to have the muscle memory to pull your ass out of whatever you got yourself into.

Not to even start the long conversation about Fox suspension horrors and the 1001+ aftermarket parts that are available for people to use to amplify these weaknesses.

Yes... Fox guys consistently make them worse. It's true :oops: It is common to find aspects of the ride and performance "improved" in areas that pushed the fatal "snap" of the suspension weakness into the 'oh :poo:' territory. Poly bushings all the way around can help do this. When the rear finally get's "over-center" then there's no coming back from it. You're going around when the bind releases or get pushed into a straight line. From there the choices are having enough room to hit nothing or hit something.

Reactions: 1 users
More like the fast car curse, very few OP really know what their car will do when pushed. Some cars are worse than others but it still comes down to the driver.

Reactions: 1 user
The biggest problem with our cars is a wet road. I have to drive at half speed on wet roads. My posi kicks right around turns. Although Florida puts shell in the asphalt and its slippery when wet, and when dry its eats tires pretty bad when its heated in summer.

Reactions: 1 user
This was driver error, and bad tires 100%....and to clarify...again..this wasn't me, and I no longer own this car. This is a car I sold to a friend. He took it to NJ and HE crashed it.

Thanks

Chris

He bought another car. Not a bad deal too. a 1993 LX hatch with opal gray interior. It has a factory sunroof...but the car has virtually zero rust. he is going to swap his engine and trans into it. The wrecked car is being parted (obviously) if anyone needs anything pm me. It's in N.J. and has a decent black interior.

Here is the car he bought. The car he bought is actually a factory black car that has been repainted. I told him paint it black again....

fMwoTN.jpg

5FrVGO.jpg

Reactions: 3 users