Drivetrain A4ld to 5r55e swap

Tldr at bottom
I have a 92 lx that i recently inherited. The car used to be my grandfathers daily driver. I know that the transmission has been rebuilt at least once already, and today the transmission line went.
Currently I am torn between doing a v8 swap which I know will be a nightmare, or giving the car the 2.3 turbo treatment which doesnt seem too easy itself but less parts overall to source and replace.
So before I get ahead of myself and repair/rebuild the a4ld, has anyone here slapped 4r44e-5r55e into a fox with a lima under the hood? If yes, thoughts, problems encountered, is it worth it?

Tldr: is swapping an a4ld to a 4r55e/5r55e worth it? Thoughts.

• Sponsors (?)

I am sure it could be done, but the two later transmissions require full computer control, so you would need to add a controller. Not sure it fhere is an aftermarket controller for these like there is for a 4r70w for example. The A4ld is not a bad trans, since it has od. Rebuild would be fine. The a4ld also have some beginning electronic controls, for the od and the torque converter clutch. I swapped an A4LD for another one, it lasted 10 years, and then I swapped in a T5.