ABS light

Alright for quite some time now my ABS light has been flashing. The sequence looks like this flash*flash*flash*flash*flash*flash*** and then it repeats over and over again. Does anyone have a clue as to what is causing this, or should I just jerk the bulb. By the way the car is a 90 GT.

• Sponsors (?)

i would want to fix it, since it is brakes. i dont know about stang ABS, but on other cars, if air has gotten into the lines and reached the diverter valve deal (like when swapping a M/C on a 4th gen camaro), it will trip the light.
sorry i dont know more. good luck.

MATREDGT said:
I'm sorry I'm an idiot I meant to say the Air Bag light. For some reason I always abbreviate the air bag as ABS too. Sorry for the confusion.

Okay then, that makes more sense. Are there any pauses between the six flashes, or are they continuous? Example: flash*flash*flash***flash*flash*flash would be code 33; flash*flash*flash*flash*flash***flash would be code 51. Or does it just contiuously flash with no pauses. Let me know and I'll let you know what the code translates to.

MATREDGT said:
It flashes six continuous times with a short pause between each. Then at the end of six there is a long pause and it then repeats itself.

From my 93 service manual:
Rapid continuous flashing of air bag indicator:
All Primary Crash Sensors Disconnected
Possible cause:
All primary crash sensors disconnected from the wiring harness or main wiring harness not connected with engine compartment wiring harness.

My best guess would be a short in your wiring harness or a broken clockspring wire in your steering column. Probably a pain to track down yourself and a buttload of money to have someone find for you. The flashing light means that your airbag system is disabled. It's not going to blow up on you. If you don't fix the problem, you just won't have an airbag in the event of an accident. Good luck.