Ac Clutch Always Engaged!

locoengineer

May 30, 2012
My wife's 2000 Mustang a/c recently quit cooling. Checked freon, it was ok. Attempted to bypass A/C cycling switch, clutch would not engage. Checked voltage at a/c cycling switch and a/c high pressure cutout switch, it was ok. Did not have power to clutch. Everything pointed to CCRM. I replaced CCRM, now I have power to a/c clutch, but clutch stays engaged, even with dash switch on "OFF", a/c cycling switch disconnected, and a/c high pressure cutout switch disconnected. Need direction with this problem.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm going to take a wild guess on this problem. Incorrect CCRM for your model year. Along the way Ford changed the function of the AC signal lead. It used to be WOT cut off. Ford changed the pin to AC on. I suspect that a CCRM from a 2001+ has been used.

Thanks Wmburns. After your post I did a little research and found that the 1st and 2nd module that was sold to me was for mustangs to year 1998. The module I needed was for mustangs from 1999 to 2004. I found the right module a couple of hours from my house. When I put it on, everything worked correctly. When I took the incorrect module back today, he gladly refunded everything he owed, including the core I had to pay for the correct module. My wife's happy now, so everyone's happy! Thanks again.