ACT sensor locations

Tfownes

Apr 5, 2018
Okay so I'm changing my stock 94 intakes out for an after market set. The ACT is located on the lower intake on the new intake vs over by the air filter on the stock location. Is one location better than the other or should I just leave it how it was and block off the new intake. Here's a picture of what I'm referring to.
20180417_174735.jpg
20180417_174746.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I imagine the intake location will be more prone to being heat-soaked and wouldn't give the computer the closest version of the outside-air-temperature that it's expecting. So you might notice it impacts your mixtures some to move it (probably leaning things out assuming it's hotter outside than it is). Ford put it close to the air intake so that's probably where it belongs. There's also the need to extend the harness. I'd leave it where it is, myself.

I imagine the intake location will be more prone to being heat-soaked and wouldn't give the computer the closest version of the outside-air-temperature that it's expecting. So you might notice it impacts your mixtures some to move it (probably leaning things out assuming it's hotter outside than it is). Ford put it close to the air intake so that's probably where it belongs. There's also the need to extend the harness. I'd leave it where it is, myself.

That's what I was thinking too was they probably moved it for a reason just thought I'd see what other people thought. Thanks.