Add 1.7rr to my combo..is it worth it?

• Sponsors (?)

Oh..or if anyone would recommend a better cam in terms of more lift aand better...lsa? for under 2k rpm..please do!..on that note I understand that getting more power may require and upgrade to the track heat intake as well.

How hard is it to put in a new cam. I have read not all that hard like you dont have to take the engine out or anything but what all is involved? Is it like sliding a torpedo into a shute or is it much more involved? I have no clue??

cam swaps are not hard. you can do it in the car. im actually going to a friends house at 130 to help swap in gt40 heads, wolverine cam ( similar to e cam ) and a gt40 intake. you have to unbolt the condensor and slide it up out of the way to pull the cam out. my suggestion, unless you can get a custom grind, go with the f cam and 1.7s.

eades5.0 said:
Yup..u wont notice much.

Yes but someone had mentioned to me another time that the 1.7's take the lift from like 488 to 500-something. So thats kind of like adding a better cam right? So adding a higher lift cam doesn't make that much difference?

93 teal terror said:
I think rockers actually hurt my hp....Im getting pretty bad valve float now with the stock springs that have 160k miles on them

VERY..............VERY..............GOOD POINT :nice:

Over the years, I have seen so many posts just like this one.

It doesn't take too long for the stock springs to become tired.

The additional ratio puts extra strain & stress on the springs and

the rest is ... as they say ... history ;)

Grady

I recall reading some dyno #s in a 5.0 mag. and it was like 5-7 hp over the 1:6s. If I had to do my bolt ons over again I would have spent the 180.00 I paid for the 1:7 cobras on something else. Not to mention 1:7s limit your cam selection.