Adding a Mach 460 to a 94/95 non Mach setup?

doctorj357

5 Year Member
Aug 7, 2018
Michigan
Cross posted in the <Mustang Sound & Shine All> subforum. Figured it might be more appropriate her since its really a 94-04 specific item. So apologies, Admins can you remove my original post there? Wasn't sure how to remove, and Edit didn't appear available

I have a 1995 GTS that I'd like to upgrade the sound. Currently I have just the plane ole cassette with stock 5x7 speakers. I recently came into possession of a complete Mach 460 rear deck (two speakers / two tweaters / two amps / factory wiring) for $25. For $10 more I got two Mach 460 door speakers in another deal, and already installed them. Then for free, I have two more AMPs, which I believe were from a rear deck setup and still has most of the factory wiring attached. Not sure if those can be used for the front or if they'll just have to remain as spares.

So for $35 I have nearly a full setup (minus door tweeters) that I'm thinking about putting in. Does anyone have a full wiring schematic on how to do this? Would there be compatibility issues with the stock head unit? I'm assuming the amps were 2ch meaning I'd need two more up front (x1 fo the doors) and (x1 for tweeters). Do I need to upgrade the head unit as well? I can get my hands on a radio & CD from units from a 2001 GT with factory 460 in it.

Before I spend any more money I'm trying to determine if it can be done. I know the easy easier answer will be to just get aftermarket. But I like oem if the price is right. Plus I like a challenge. Just hoping someone might have roadmapped the wiring on this.

• Sponsors (?)