• Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All

Adding factory CD player...HELP!

  • Thread starter Thread starter mpls mustang
  • Start date Start date Jun 23, 2005
M

mpls mustang

New Member
Jun 18, 2005
8
0
0
Jun 23, 2005
#1
  • Jun 23, 2005
  • #1
I posted a week ago re: this project but no one commented so here I go again. My 94 GT was ordered w the Mach 460 system but not the CD player. I bought a factory CD player on Ebay and am trying to install it. I removed the package tray but can't figure out how to wire it. It appears to connect to the main unit but where are the wires? Is there a seperate harness to buy?
 
M

Mustang_Mike

New Member
Mar 10, 2004
5
0
0
Orland Park, IL
Jul 6, 2005
#2
  • Jul 6, 2005
  • #2
Hi- I did the same thing. You have to buy a harness that connects the head unit to the CD player. However, even though I have the harness I have one extra plug that I can't figure out where it goes. I think it is the power plug for the CD because everything works (and is wired up correctly) but the CD player. I could have the wrong harness too, possibly from another Mach system than a 94/95... I will let you know what else I find out.
 
M

mustangrmyk

Member
Jun 7, 2004
96
0
6
So. Cal.
Dec 26, 2005
#3
  • Dec 26, 2005
  • #3
Did you get it going?

Well, I'm in somewhat the same situation. What harness did you get and do you have the system going yet?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
Electrical From scratch: alternator wiring
  • fox racer v2
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
639
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 23, 2025
fox racer v2
F
K
Need help with 99 cobra mach 460 audio
  • kevinatd18
  • Mar 16, 2024
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Replies
5
Views
2K
Mustang Sound & Shine All Mar 17, 2024
Noobz347
0
V6 to V8 Swap info
  • 02_2v_Curtis
  • Jan 11, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
892
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jan 11, 2026
02_2v_Curtis
0
T
Need advice: 93 Cobra audio upgrade with no permanent modifications
  • THNX SVT
  • Feb 18, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 20, 2024
TIGGER
M
Progress Thread mnky99 2001 V6 evap core, ac compressor, heater core replacement
  • mnky99
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
635
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 5, 2025
mnky99
M
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?