Adj. Fuel Pressure Reg.

DFG 5OH

Active Member
Aug 28, 2004
1,341
0
36
Louisville, KY
Well i'm working on gathering parts for my h/c/i. I've got the heads cam intake. I still need some stuff, (see sig) and one thing is a fuel pump and an AFPR. I'd like to get one that also has a gauge to mount on the rail. my question is:

where could i get a quality AFPR with a gauge on the rail?
 
You just need a vibration resistant gauge. I see them in summit all the time. The regulator should have a port on it for a gauge depending on the regulator. I am sure you can fab up something nice. Watch ebay also. I got a brand new Autometer electric fuel gauge for $$80. Cost over 200 anywhere else.

Get some pics when you are done. I love to see everyones ideas. Gives me ideas. As always, good luck - hope you get what you need


EDIT: Vibration resistant gauges are usually all fluid filled. If you get a regualr gauge, it won't last long under the hood.
 
I use Aeormotive with an FRPP mechanical fuel pressure guage on my cowl so I can see how my pressure reacts under varying loads. I'm very satisfied with this setup and the Aeromotive AFPR has the port to connect the guage. My brother has a similar setup with a BBK AFPR, but he has his mechanical FP guage mounted on his fender under his hood for a cleaner look.
Tim
 
matthiasj said:
Well i'm working on gathering parts for my h/c/i. I've got the heads cam intake. I still need some stuff, (see sig) and one thing is a fuel pump and an AFPR. I'd like to get one that also has a gauge to mount on the rail. my question is:

where could i get a quality AFPR with a gauge on the rail?

If you have any thoughts about self tuning...........................

Don't waste money on an afpr & gauge as its not needed.

Just a heads up for you!

Later
Grady
 
I would do a search on the Aeromotive AFPR. I have heard/read that they have alot of issues with these. I would highly recommend the Kirban billet aluminum unit. It not only looks nice, but it performs flawlessly. I got my rail-mounted fuel pressure gauge from Jegs.
 
HoofnIt said:
I would do a search on the Aeromotive AFPR. I have heard/read that they have alot of issues with these. I would highly recommend the Kirban billet aluminum unit. It not only looks nice, but it performs flawlessly. I got my rail-mounted fuel pressure gauge from Jegs.

News to me, what kind of issues have you heard of? My Aeromotive's running strong after almost three years.
Tim