Advice needed for Foxbody build

• Sponsors (?)

That is one think I have always liked about the E303. It sounds good.

Believe it or not, I don't like the wicked chop of a very aggressive cam. It actually "ruins" the experience for me. The E303 is perfect.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Thst’s also my experience with the letter cam in my car. The rice racers ask “is that a Boss in there?” (“No, I’m the boss” is what I do not answer out loud.)
Gt-40 heads came in several varieties. I think the X version was an aluminum version from Ford Racing Stuff.

Same here, but in the E303's defence...it sounds amazing. Wherever I go somewhere people know it's cammed and ask me questions. However, I'm sure theres newer aftermarket cams which give a great sound.

Thst’s also my experience with the letter cam in my car. The rice racers ask “is that a Boss in there?” (“No, I’m the boss” is what I do not answer out loud.)
Gt-40 heads came in several varieties. I think the X version was an aluminum version from Ford Racing Stuff.

Yeah there were a few heads offered by ford racing

J302 aluminum heads with a dual bolt header flange, had a good deck face thickness, 64CC combustion chambers, 1.94" dimater intake valve and a 1.6" diameter exhaust valve. The runners had a ton of material so you could go big on the porting. They were very good affordable heads for their era.

K302 variant had 2.02 intake valve, retained 1.6" exhaust valve and bowl was opened up to match the seat but ports retained the original cross section.

Then you have the Y303 and X303 heads

All pretty good heads for cheap but depending on goal/purse size you would get more performance out of a Trickflow or AFR head