Advice Needed On Upgrades - Dropping Off Tomorrow!

I was going to leave everything alone on this car, but I have the opportunity (I am leaving town for a week or so) to leave it with a reputable shop, so I am going to go for it. Everything is stock right now.

I am trying to gain a little performance, better sound, and improve shifting. I'd like to do headers really, but don't want to spend the money right now.

Option 1:

Flowmaster American Thunder catbacks with super 40s
Ford Racing 3.73 gears
Ford Racing 8.8in Rear Axle Bearing & Seal Kit
Ford Racing Ring & Pinion Installation Kit - 8.8in
Exedy Mach 350 Stage 1 Clutch

SR Performance Clutch Adjuster Kit (83-95 5.0L)

$921 in parts

Option 2:

Flowmaster American Thunder catbacks with super 40s

BBK Catted X-Pipe
Ford Racing 3.73 gears
Ford Racing 8.8in Rear Axle Bearing & Seal Kit
Ford Racing Ring & Pinion Installation Kit - 8.8in

$1,050 in parts

So basically I am trying to decide to either go with the X-pipe or go for the clutch.. Thinking option 1 is going to be more expensive because of the additional labor involved in the clutch install. I got pricing for option 2 with parts and labor ($,1800).

DIY when I get back:

Install SR Performance CAI (already have it)

Install 21 tooth speedo gear (need to order) - hopefully it works with my tires (slightly larger than stock)

Install Short Throw Sport Shifter for T-5/T-45 (I can use OEM shift knob right?)

Advice or recommendations? I don't want to do any major motor work (cams, etc) and don't want to get to the point where I need to dyno tune and chip it. Just want a little more pickup, smoother shifting, and a throatier sound which I know I will get with the Flowmasters.

• Sponsors (?)

I was also thinking change the clutch because the stock one seems so tight. I am short as it is and have to have my seat 3/4 up to mash the clutch all the way in. My 89 didn't seem as tight. either they made different clutches between 89 and 91 or someone changed the clutch in my 89.

ahhhh that is awesome, I had no idea. I will definitely give that a try. So I am thinking option 2 and go with a better shifter. I'm pretty easy to convince. I just want to put the money in in the right place. I still want to do the $700 upholstery replacement someday too. + 400 in labor because I don't think I feel like even dealing with that.