Affordable monthly payments and insurance?

storm_sentinel

Sep 30, 2004
I'm trying to figure out what it would take to bring the monthly payments on an '05 GT down to say $250 /month. Any idea on what kind of initial down payment it would take to make that happen?

Also, would anyone care to venture a guess what I might pay for insurance? I'm 26 and have had a perfect record for 5 years.

How much would these figures change if I go with the '05 V6?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

For $250/month payments (60mo), you're looking to finance between $13.5k and $14.5k depending on interest rates. Your down payment would just be the difference between that and the price of the car you want.

For insurance, your best bet would be to just call your insurance company and get a quote. It could fall anywhere between 600 and 1000 per 6 months.

I know what you mean about getting your payments down. Thats why i'm waiting about five months to get my 05 GT. Theres three reasons. #1 they are just starting to comeout and that means high demands which translates to dealer markups. wating about half a year the demand will be lower and the markups will be too. #2 The convertible will be out late this year or early next year so that will also drop the demand for the coupe. #3 waiting will also give me time to improve my credit score, get prepared, and save around 5-7K for a downpayment. I hope this helps in any way.