Electrical Aftermarket and stock temperature gauges working in harmony?

Swhitney

Feb 11, 2019
Oregon City
Is there a way to get the stock temperature gauge to work alongside with an aftermarket one? I can't tap into the thermostat housing because I need that hole for the electric fans. Would a simple T work or something in that nature to get both gauges to work? But a T might cause additional issues because of not being deep enough in the intake manifold.

Thank you,
Sean

• Sponsors (?)

Put the sensor for the electric fans somewhere else. Best spot for fans is rad discharge or lower rad hose.

Or see if driver side rear of intake is used, if not drill and tap there.

There are two 3/8npt ports at the rear of the lower intake. The pass side one is usually occupied by the return line for the EGR coolant line. The drivers side is usually just plugged.

relocate the stock temp sensor to the rear of the intake manifold in that 3/8npt port and put your aftermarket temp sender in the oem location.

the rear spot reads a tiny bit cooler than the oem location, but it will rise and fall like original so it’s a good backup guage once you understand how it reads compared to the aftermarket one

This is how I ran my setup for many many years

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
not sure why you'd want the factory gauge to still work with a good aftermarket one. The stock gauges are basically idiot lights with a needle they are so inaccurate. That being said, keep the stock sender in the stock location and add the new one in either the thermostat housing of in the upper radiator hose

Reactions: 1 user