ahh my driveway (self proclaimed fbody guy)

Guilty93

Jul 22, 2009
marietta ga
so my girlfriend was randomly taking pics the other day while i was doing a throw out bearing in my coupe and i noticed an odd theme... so i figured i would see if we could all share some stupid driveway footage ... and i think i might have to stop calling my self the f body guy

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 231
  • Sponsors (?)

I don't have any pictures, but a couple stories revolve around this shop locally that I do the work on my 95. A friend of mine who I've known for years; his dad owns a sign shop in St. Pete, and it has a decently large (can fit 4-5 cars inside) warehouse area behind the office/printing section of the shop. On most weeknights, and most Saturdays, you can drive by anytime from 10pm to 7am and see 3-4 cars inside the shop, and 5-10 cars outside depending on the crowd. They're all Mustangs, hopped up Civics, lifted Jeeps, a 300zx, and we've had some other fun cars there. People who walk by at all hours of the night (usually drunks) always ask us if the sign shop's now turned into an auto shop. :nice:

Other stories from that shop involve many drunken nights, along with a trip to the hospital after one. :( One of my bandmates couldn't quite handle himself. :shrug: I like the theme you've got going, though, OP! :nice:

yeah that sounds about like my driveway this Saturday night neighbor called the cops because a "mustang gang" was going to come rob her. there were about 13 coupes and 1 vert in my driveway/yard this weekend

moms got a 05 exploder, dads got an 05 f150 and a 03 thunderbird, ive got my mustang, and jeep cough cough... and my friends come over in their mustangs. alone we have 5 cars, then i can pack in 5 or so more, usually a crown vic and 2 or 3 more mustangs, it looks pretty trashy at sometimes. i wish i had a nice wide driveway like that to work though op. very nice.

I know, I know, you and 95% of the rest of StangNet. I'm trying to be more open minded. :D

I can see why it would make someone a little upset, when i see an old roadster with a SBC, it gets me fired up, but for a different reason, the junk iron headed 350 is in there cause its cheap, if i was building a cruiser like that, i wouldnt mix brands...

But for the sake of going fast, im looking for cheap and effective, and the LS motors do the trick, the 6.0L and 5.3L truck motors are crazy strong, and im really comfortable with fox chassis' so why not buy a junkyard 6.0 bolt a turbo on it and have a blast, for about half the price it would take if i was building a 4 bolt ford motor

ls1tech forums said:
goals...

have fun, then 8's on a stock longblock.

Im not trying to start another LS1 war, just figured i'd give my semi-hypocritical train of thought when it comes to mixing brands.

no doubt ls is a good motor and an easier swap than a mod in a fox. but for me the coupe isnt about just fast ive wanted one forever. so its more like the cruiser (if it was a hatch id be all over it lol) if i just wanted to go fast i would have kept my ss or just ride my bike im stoked this was a lively thred tho

no doubt ls is a good motor and an easier swap than a mod in a fox. but for me the coupe isnt about just fast ive wanted one forever. so its more like the cruiser (if it was a hatch id be all over it lol) if i just wanted to go fast i would have kept my ss or just ride my bike im stoked this was a lively thred tho

Any time you involve a discussion about LS motors or include pictures of a notch getting wrenched on, you're likely to have a good response to your thread. Well, good or bad. Depends. Haha. :nice:

haha im still working out the final engine set up. i got a ford Motorsports alum 351w based block that can go to 427 but ehhh seems like it might have a bit much piston speed. i know it will be N/A and mostlikely small block. ill probably just drop it down to a 392