Airbag Light, after Heater Core replaced

97GTSTANG

Founding Member
May 25, 2000
Virginia
I got the heatercore replaced and 2 days after the airbag light came on. I talked to the tech, he looked at the car again, he said he found water in the airbag module, is that possible, how could it have gotten there? The airbag light came on only after he replaced the heatercore.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If it was unplugged from the word get go.. it would have been on as soon as he started the car. The light is there to let you know of malfuntion. Which means it would have been on the entire time. Now a possibility is it came unplugged while driving... if the mulex connection wasnt snapped securly it could have fallen off. But if you had water in the mod, the its a possibility that when removing the heater core..(which has to be pulled from inside the car. Water can easily get inside it. Resulting in a malfuntion. The light did its job correctly

It's possible that water could have gotten into it.. I assume this is the airbag diagnostic module ( the module that controls the system)

the airbag module or diagnosic monitor as it's called is mounted under the dash and it's possible for water from a leaking heater core to get into it... if it was somthing he did it's most likely the light would have came on right away

Final results are in, the module was replaced and no more light. I am going to drive it for a few days to see what happens. Cost was $250 for new module installed. I saw the old module, it was pretty bad with water damage.