airbags in Cobra

Black03GTRR

Apr 3, 2004
NJ
Hey guys... I was just wondering if anyone has airbags in their rear springs to help eliminate wheel hop. I'm putting them in tomorrow and just wanted to see if anyone else has had any positive experience with them.

Verts look great with the top down but suck with wheel hop.

Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

I have no opinions... yet. I've been interested in this after reading some fellows write up a month or two back. Let me know how it works out after. It'd be a heck of alot easier to do that than to replace all the bushings (on a daily driver for me) in one sitting.

It does sound promising.

I have no opinions... yet. I've been interested in this after reading some fellows write up a month or two back. Let me know how it works out after. It'd be a heck of alot easier to do that than to replace all the bushings (on a daily driver for me) in one sitting.

It does sound promising.

Just got my car back... what a difference! I'm running on some cheaper winter tires too which does not help wheel hop. But the airbags made a huge difference. You can still feel a little bumping up and down sometimes but I'm thinking thats only because of the tires. A nice set of Nitto's of BF's should completely solve this issue. But on a bunch of runs going from 0-80 or even 20-80 where I used to feather the gas a billion times I didn't have to at all.

Also I haven't started playing around with the different pressures in the bags but what I have right now is 25psi in each bag. My tires had 33psi. This setting seemed pretty good for now.

It was also a dry 50 degree day so I'm also thinking that when the roads get a little warmer, that'll also make a big difference.

This is my everyday driver too and I think this was the best thing I did for my snake. :nice: