• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Akebono caliper

  • Thread starter Thread starter d3ll
  • Start date Start date May 1, 2008

d3ll

New Member
Nov 24, 2007
18
0
0
May 1, 2008
#1
  • May 1, 2008
  • #1
Simple question, but I need an answer. Just bought my 06 Legend Lime GT about four months ago. Time to change the brakes. The car was used, but in mint condition. When I went to autozone to buy new brakes, two options pull up: with Akebono caliper or without Akebono caliper. How do I tell if I have these, as I don't know if the previous owner added these or if these are OEM on the car. It is a daily driver, so I don't need to put any performance brakes on it yet.:SNSign:
 

Towelly

New Member
May 9, 2006
174
0
0
May 2, 2008
#2
  • May 2, 2008
  • #2
Why are you wanting to replace the calipers? Why not just pads and rotors?
 

Stoenr

New Member
Mar 31, 2008
9
0
0
May 2, 2008
#3
  • May 2, 2008
  • #3
Its an option when selecting the brake pads, hes not replacing the calipers ( I hope)
Pick both and I bet the selection is the same part #
I was not aware there was 2 different ones used.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

H
Strange steering/brake issue
  • Haxmaster
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
140
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 3, 2026
squeak93
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
393
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
332
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
O
Help
  • OnisimusD
  • Oct 13, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
488
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Oct 14, 2025
OnisimusD
O
J
can you use the heads off a H O 302 to put on a regular 302 engine
  • Jan H
  • Feb 25, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
6
Views
468
Other Auto Tech May 17, 2026
nickyb
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?