Alarm wiring color code?

rdharper02

like kicking myself in the junk
10 Year Member
May 8, 2006
Anyone have the alarm wiring color code for a 93 mustang? I know I can use the overall schematic in my Haines manual, but was hoping someone had the color codes for the parking lights, door locks etc. I also would like to ask if the locks are negative ground disengage or not. Thanks gents.

• Sponsors (?)

Actually keyless can make it an easier install.

With no keyless, you will want to use a 5 wire reverse polarity lock schematic for your locks (you use two SPDT relays or a DEI 451M).

I appreciate it Hissin. Thanks for the part # on the relays. I'm not to sure I dont have a couple of left overs from back in the audio installation days.

rdharper02 said:
I appreciate it Hissin. Thanks for the part # on the relays. I'm not to sure I dont have a couple of left overs from back in the audio installation days.
Actually, the DEI 451M is a separate item. It functions the same as a pair of SPDT relays and packages nicer. You can use either (two SPDT relays or the 451M). In the fox, I used the SPDT's but in the 94 I was hurting for space so I used the more compact 451M.

I just checked real quick:

parking lights: Brown wire in the driver kick panel or under the left side of the driver side dash. I found a couple brown wires so check with your meter before splicing.

lock: Pink/yel
unlock:pink/grn

Both are in the driver kick. Remove the kick panel and look near the top and toward the front of the dash (under the fusebox area and toward the door) and you should see the connectors. The lock wires are pretty good gauge.