Alcatraz Bullitt Chase

StreetsideStig

Feb 22, 2011
Did anybody catch the chase scene on the Alcatraz finale? It was meant to be an homage to the Mustang/Challenger chase in Bullitt. What did you think?

Of course it's not like the original. It's not as long or as authentic. But from a producer's point of view, I think it was pretty good, especially for TV.

Ford (shamelessly) slings out the product placement for Alcatraz, and they got in plenty of great money shots. I like that they kept showing Jones shifting, as if sticking it to Mopar for not offering the Challenger with a stick.

Like the rest of the series, it's great if you don't take it too seriously. Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

It wasn't as good as the original but I liked it. What I really enjoyed was some of the small details from the orig that they used. Like not using any background music, the driver of the Charger buckling his seat belt before the chase ,passing the same dark green VW bug multiple times and the reverse burnout with axle hop after after missing a turn. Too bad they couldn't put hubcaps on the charger so it can loose 5 of them like the original.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anybody catch the chase scene on the Alcatraz finale? It was meant to be an homage to the Mustang/Challenger chase in Bullitt. What did you think?

Of course it's not like the original. It's not as long or as authentic. But from a producer's point of view, I think it was pretty good, especially for TV.

Ford (shamelessly) slings out the product placement for Alcatraz, and they got in plenty of great money shots. I like that they kept showing Jones shifting, as if sticking it to Mopar for not offering the Challenger with a stick.

Like the rest of the series, it's great if you don't take it too seriously. Thoughts?

It was the charger in this chase not challenger....My dad has the challenger and this aint it!!!! LOL. But my thoughts were bleh. they should of used a 2012 charger. It was funny when she pulled over the guy with the mustang. "But I just got it!!"

I think a lot of that seen was 'overdubbed' from the original (computer photo shop). Especially the part were you see the VW in the back ground. A Blue GT? Really? I realize that alot of seens like this are meant to 'advertise' the product being shown in a subtle way. Since the don't have DHG as a color for them anymore, blue was the only option. They couldn't use black as the 'Charger':rolleyes: was that color.

Did they try to emulate the 'one wheel peel' in that seen? I guess you had to see the whole show to understand some things like, why she's lying in the street after the wreck and the GT drives off. That wouldn't have happened to Frank Bullitt but, then again, I wouldn't have use a chick for that part anyway...go ahead, call me a chauvanist. I'm not a fan of the 'macho chick' thing. But, this is the age where men are women and women are men in Hollywood, I guess.:D

It was the charger in this chase not challenger....My dad has the challenger and this aint it!!!!

Yeah, typo. :D

I guess you had to see the whole show to understand some things like, why she's lying in the street after the wreck and the GT drives off.

Yeah, the guy she pulled out of the Charger (got it right this time, haha) stabbed her and then drove off.