all these posts about riced out cars, here's an ANTI-rice car.. nothing rice about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

FWD is no fun? Same with RWD in winter.

Rear wheel drive is a blast in the winter, the E-brake gets old pretty quick.

and for the record i haven't been on stangnet for the last 6 months or so and the last few threads that i've seen in 5.0 talk were a wicked nice V-6 mustang and this thread dedicated to CRX's. This is FIVE-OH talk, save the import talk for import forums. :SNSign: :flag:

I prefer RWD in the winter to FWD... Something about the front end sliding that doesn't feel too good lol... I had a 5.0L Cougar and drove it in the winter, I had ZERO problems. That thing would go anywhere... of course it is 4000lbs and I had pretty good winter tires. AWD is the ultimate though....

any body hear of the VQ swap into the spec V? Car will run low 13's on nuts at the track. With slicks and headers I have seen high 12's.

How about the RSX--- no torque you betcha--- still runs 13.80's out of the box. Hondata and a race header drops these lil turds down to the low 13's.

This thread should be labled careful what you laugh at.

Same with diesel trucks... you never know what you might come up against.

Let's ask this, what do you respect more--- a clean quick car/truck that is more of a sleeper, or some turd that just happens to go fast?

As far as the CRX above---those pissed all over the hybrids of today. 46 mpg proven...had friends that had them and both got that mileage at 280,000 plus. That was 1984 and 1988 technology. Now they want you to consume corn and get lower mpg than with petro---give me a break...if I wanted to flick off the gas companies, I'd go get an old CRX. Problem is many American's have v8-itis. We want big, we want bad and we like to spend 500 dollars a month(combined family) on fuel to feed our lust for big, bad, 8 itis. I'm just as guilty!

I think if we wanted to kill two birds with one stone we would issue tax breaks for those who commute on motorcylces. Most achieve over 50mph and it would also decongest major roadways. The car pool lane was a joke, how about a motorcycle lane?

I sure as hell don't believe the RSX pulling 13.80's... I've beat one (Type-S badge on the back), not in the Mustang but the HYUNDAI ACCENT! At the track I've never seen one do better than 15 or 16 seconds in person :shrug: Maybe Canadian Hondas are slower or something, but I'm being 100% honest here.

EDIT: Checked my provincial car club website, fastest on there is 14.045@ 105.3 mph Which is pretty damn good, it isn't stock though...

"Mecanique & Handling:
-Cold Air Intake Injen RS
-RBC Civic Si/Accord Euro-R Intake Manifold
-Energy Motor mounts inserts
-Techno Pro Spirit's Titanium Cat-Back
-Hondata Intake Gasket
-Hondata ITR Ecu Reflash
-Meghan Racing C-Pillar Bar
-Tein S-Tech springs
-RAYS Engennering shorty red wheels lugs
-Rota Circuit 10 Flat bronze chaussée de Kumho Ecsta MX 225/45ZR17
-Type S wheels chaussée de Hankook Ventus V4ES 205/55R/16"