Alright! Fired up the 347 tonight!!!

WhiteDevil

Feb 4, 2003
San Diego
Wow after two month of working on the thing it fired up and sounded damn good. I had the dizzy 180 out on it some how but once i found that it fired right up. 60lb of oil pressure right off the bat. I was happy that there was no valve train noise at all. It also seems louder. I gotta take it to get aligned on friday.

Also everyone that TwEEC's be read for lots of questions. Tuning my h/c/i was pretty easy but this 347 looks light it might take a little more TLC. It did idle right off the bat pretty good with my base tune i made up, i had 30 on the low slope and 34 on the high slope. But after a minute or so the idle started to deteriorate and it started to get pretty rich like 12ish to 1 on my PLX. Then it would stall if you turned the wheel. I know i still got a lot of tuning in front of me. I gotta do the injector timing, and work on the slopes.

• Sponsors (?)

wow 51 views and only two responses. Well when i get off work i think i can actually borrrow some drive on ramps from my neighbor and tighten up my A-arms that way. Then ill drive her around the neighbor hood and see how its going. I am going to make an appt to get aligned on friday.

Good to hear it runs! Now go break it in properly, change the oil and cut open the filter and check for shavings :nice:

Can't help with the tuning, I use a PMS.

That Is Great News John :banana:

Bet you are really pumped :rlaugh:

I'd use the J4J1 as a foundation if you are not already doing so.

Your load is gonna be a good bit off with the 50 extra cubes.

Sorry ... I have nothing but a casual knowledge of load scaling.

Mine is off but not all that bad.
IMHO, not enough to make me wanna redo all my tables which as you know are load based. I've just never had to deal with anything in that area.

anyway ...........

Good News is many others have done it ... even on our cars :nice:
Imagine that :eek: ...... Who would'a thunk it :rlaugh:

You'll have no prob finding trustworthy info ;)
and
EA certainly deals with the issue as well :)

I'll be more than happy to help in other areas I've had some experience in if you need it.

Looking forward to see how it all turns out :D

Grady

When I fired my motor for the first time this year my idle was nearly spot on as well. The only problems I had was if you spike the throttle, when the rpms fall it would search alittle. Once it found 900rpms, it will stay rock solid. Still have alot of tuning to do as well but for some reason my WB is not reading through the tweecer anymore. Have to look into that but good luck with the tuning, thats the best part.

Here are a couple pics, if you see im not much of a blinger. Im for sure just about form and function.

Me with the engine on its way in
View attachment 442016

Engine in and all hooked up
EngineShot.jpg