Alright folks, I've officially joined the 4.6 crew! PICS!

5.0Torx

Dec 30, 2007
Hey everybody,

I got a red '03 Mustang GT a few months ago and have been too ashamed of how dirty its been to make a thread. Its been warming up so Ive been able to give her a proper welcome! Interestingly, my brother wrecked his '97 Lincoln Mk VIII, and my dad bought a brand new car and handed down his white 2000 Mustang GT to my brother. The cars are practically identical, but that will change :D

Heres my '03. 80k miles:

IMG_2751_2.jpg

IMG_2403edited.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

Heres the white '00 that my dad bought brand new off the lot 10 years ago! 154k miles on the stock clutch! It is my brothers now...

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

A friend of mine also just bought an '08 Civic Si. Heres two from a little joyride we went on. If you guys ever get a chance to drive one, do it! Its very fun to drive, however.....:D......the GT has got it beat in straight-line acceleration.
IMG_2416edited.jpg

civicmustang2.jpg

So there you have it. If youre still with me, heres details: Im pretty sure the '03 has the .62 fifth gear Mach 1 TR3650 because my fifth gear is much taller than my brothers. It does 60mph @ just over 1500 rpm, 80 mph @ just over 2k. Reminds me of my 5.0s gearing, honestly. Its also got this stupid CAI on it which the previous owner felt necessary to NOT bolt down. It has been rattling/scraping around on the inner fender for a while now because there is practically no red paint left. With this Mach 1 tranny, i wonder if the stock 3650 got the PO so fed up that he slapped a new clutch and the first 3650 replacement he could find, and just got rid of it.

Anyways, thats all i got. Enjoy!

• Sponsors (?)

Looks really good , but dont be the guy that has a super nice outside and then you open the hood and it looks like you dumped a bucket of dirt on the engine , clean that engine:D!

Looks really good , but dont be the guy that has a super nice outside and then you open the hood and it looks like you dumped a bucket of dirt on the engine , clean that engine:D!

lol, definitely a worthy criticism. That was after a month or so of driving through snow and crap. when i got it, it was actually pretty damn clean. Ive been keeping up on it, I just dont really have a pic of it. I just snapped that one to show the stupid CAI.

:nice:

The difference between the 00 and your 03 is a whole different transmission. The 99-00 GT's used a T-45, has a shorter 5th gear and will tach higher than a 01-04 GT which received the T-3650 transmission, which has a taller 5th ratio and will tach a bit lower on the highway.

Super clean GT... you'll have fun with it. These are fun cars despite the fact that they don't respond the way we'd really like them to when it comes to simple mods. Once you get in the mod mindsight, definitely do the rear gears and exhaust first!

The difference between the 00 and your 03 is a whole different transmission. The 99-00 GT's used a T-45, has a shorter 5th gear and will tach higher than a 01-04 GT which received the T-3650 transmission, which has a taller 5th ratio and will tach a bit lower on the highway.

Super clean GT... you'll have fun with it. These are fun cars despite the fact that they don't respond the way we'd really like them to when it comes to simple mods. Once you get in the mod mindsight, definitely do the rear gears and exhaust first!

So all 3650s have a .62:1 fifth gear, whereas T45s have the .675:1?

Heh, Im already well bitten by the mod bug. My '93 5.0 was my first car, and i still have it. For the moment, my '03 is the dd while i get the 5.0s recent GT40P stuff tuned.

Thanks for the compliments everyone! :nice:

So all 3650s have a .62:1 fifth gear, whereas T45s have the .675:1?

Heh, Im already well bitten by the mod bug. My '93 5.0 was my first car, and i still have it. For the moment, my '03 is the dd while i get the 5.0s recent GT40P stuff tuned.

Thanks for the compliments everyone! :nice:

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that is correct. I do not think the Mach's had a different ratio as compared to the GT's. I could be incorrect on that, though. But there is definitely a noticeable difference between all T-45's and all T-3650's.

Beautiful lookin GT you got there! :D Sorta looks like a 4X4 though! haha jk, gotta slam that beauty.

Its funny your friend got an Si. I also had a buddy who had an 08 si. We did our share of smack talkin to each other so we took our cars to the track. Lets just say from the green light light till the end I could see him in my rear view mirror :nice:

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that is correct. I do not think the Mach's had a different ratio as compared to the GT's. I could be incorrect on that, though. But there is definitely a noticeable difference between all T-45's and all T-3650's.

There are a few variants to the 3650. My 02 has the .62 OD and it's the original tranny. It seems that Ford mixed and matched the ratios a bit.

There are a few variants to the 3650. My 02 has the .62 OD and it's the original tranny. It seems that Ford mixed and matched the ratios a bit.

Hmmm, very well. I also have the tall fifth then. I like it for the freeway, but around town you can get into fifth gear in my brothers '00 much sooner than in my '03. I dont really like to be in it at less than 50 mph/1300 rpm. Not much torque below that...

SjStang00 said:
Beautiful lookin GT you got there! Sorta looks like a 4X4 though! haha jk, gotta slam that beauty.

Its funny your friend got an Si. I also had a buddy who had an 08 si. We did our share of smack talkin to each other so we took our cars to the track. Lets just say from the green light light till the end I could see him in my rear view mirror

haha thanks.

Yeah the Si is a blast to drive. It definitely handles and brakes a little bit better (its about 400 pounds lighter), but theres no replacement for displacement! :D

Hmmm, very well. I also have the tall fifth then. I like it for the freeway, but around town you can get into fifth gear in my brothers '00 much sooner than in my '03. I dont really like to be in it at less than 50 mph/1300 rpm. Not much torque below that...

Your brother's '00 has a T-45 in it with (very) slightly different gear ratios. If it is getting into 5th sooner, I would find out if the rear end gears were swapped in the '00. The T45 does have a .67 OD ratio, so if you both still have the stock 3.27s in the rear, the '00 will tach slightly higher than your '03 at the same MPH.

BTW, here's a link to the different applications (with gear ratios) for a TR-3650. Unfortunately it does not distinguish between GT and Mach 1. There is another site floating around out there with this info, but I can't find it right now.

http://www.rsgreman.com/articles/articles/2007_08.pdf