Alright, Who's got these

• Sponsors (?)

HEY!!! I thought you liked the "smoked" look better than black housings?

EDIT: BTW, I've heard of guys running aftermarket projector lights. They've had problems (melting the lens). Are these plastic or glass?

View attachment 493755

I like those. Any set of lights you buy off ebay will allow condensation to get in them unless u seal them up. I have the "non projector" version of those lights and the one thing i dont like about them is the seams look white where the lens connects to the housing.

Now if the company who makes the 1 piece lights where to do the exact same design as this 2 piece set, just behind 1 piece of lens....that would be teh WIN!

i have those. i'll try and get pics up later today.

i havn't had ANY issues with condensation, and they're 1000 x's better than stock. i can't explain how incredible the difference was. they are DOT approved, plug-n-play, mine came with bulbs, and the harnesses don't heat up at all. my only complaint is the white seam nate talked about.

all in all, they're a definate upgrade over stock, and they look good with cobra fog lights (on the cobra bumper, of course). and for 89 + 45 shipping, it ain't a bad deal at all, i'd say. for that price, i'm also getting some smoked cobras so i can interchange whenever.

This aint my car obviously and I dont have more pics of it

9498smoked_oncar2.jpg

I have the same ones Nate does and they are great. I've never had them fog up or leak. I thought these looked good. I also know lot of people that have used hids on the projectors and they worked just fine.

Jeremy

Nik_95Cobra said:
I impulse bought some projectors that I ran before the ones I have now. Projectors are junk. They reduce your lighting (even with silverstars) and look import. IMO don't do it. :)

Projectors rock. . . . . as long as you're using HIDs with them. The import look is definately a down side though.

So because it has a projector its rice. What rice car comes stock with a projector. Every nice european manufactuer produces cars with projectors and hids. Its just a fact. Hids are a better lighting system and you need the projector to set up the correct beam so you don't blind on coming traffic. Theres nothing rice about it.

Jeremy

I wasn't saying they were rice. But no, those alone do not have HID, unless you add it, in which case of course it puts out good light. Simply switching them without going HID does create a LOSS in lighting. No one was saying hid/projectors were "rice" in themselves. But...the projectors still get a big :notnice: from me having used them myself.

i just bought those exact ones from the same store off ebay a couple days ago, hopefully they will turn out good, i like the look. imo its hard to make a mustang look rice when you hear a rumbeling exhaust compared to a pissed off bumble bee.

if you plan on retrofitting projector hids into a set of headlights, i say you get a set of factory replacement housings. You dont want to have an expensive set of hid projectors and then have your housings leak water.

Well I'm either going to keep the headlights I have now and retrofit e46 projectors in them or get these and see how the light output is with them with an hid set up. I know what you mean about the housing leaking, but I'll seal them up myself with enough silicon. Or the crazy idea is to put 01+ headlights on the car and then do a retrofit in those.

Jeremy

DARK-5.0 said:
Well I'm either going to keep the headlights I have now and retrofit e46 projectors in them or get these and see how the light output is with them with an hid set up. I know what you mean about the housing leaking, but I'll seal them up myself with enough silicon. Or the crazy idea is to put 01+ headlights on the car and then do a retrofit in those.

Jeremy
they strongly recommend you don't run HID's in these projectors. yes, they are projectors, but not intended for HId lighting. if you really really want HID's, i'd say retrofit. if you want the projector look and waay-better-than-stock lighting, get these--they're inexpensive and i havn't had a single problem with mine in 2 months of heat/rain/cold.