alternator hard wiring help needed

1stanger1

Jul 3, 2005
in my house
so i guess when i yanked the 89 5.0 i musta have forgot to unplug something or some stuff and well to make a long screw short i busted off the plug end

my wires are currently plugged inot the alternator but what i am wanting to know is the function and the supposed location of these wires...the plug i broke off consists of 3 wires

2 black/orange
1 green/some **** color

any help woud be appreciated..
i'd like to get this car charging so it can be driven

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like the rectifier plug. The two blk/or wires are the charge wires and the other wire should be part of the stator loop (though the wire color is incorrect. The wire might need to be cleaned up).

The charge wires merge to one wire and go to the solenoid. The stator wire loops around to the regulator plug.

NAPA or Bumper to Bumper auto parts will probably have a replacement pigtail for your alternator.

Try NAPA ECH VRA400 or RAY 1391L

View attachment 214018

Be prepared to solder the new pigtail on and use the heat shrink tubing that comes with it.
See http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=7 for how to solder like a pro.

Only good soldering will make a proper connection that will not overheat and cause problems. Do not use electrical tape, use heat shrink to cover the spliced solder connection. The electrical tape will eventually come loose and cause problems

Jrichker is correct. It's generally wise to replace the pigtail anytime the alternator is replaced (this is somewhat common practice). You should be able to find a new one without great difficulty.

i haver that end of the harness i have both plugs that are into the back of the alt....what i dont have is the other end of it

all thats there is 3 wires with metal tabs on them like they were yanked out of the plug i am just wondering what wires i need to hook to the battery and where i should be hooking the other wires up to

i seen the wiring diagrams on here and its not makin any sense to me i only see the black/orange wire and well theres 2 of those...and i think a white/black...but not 100% sure

just trying to figure out my alternator wiring so i can take the battery charger off and make it charge itself

nope sure dont!! seen it..... only shows the orange black wire...i have 6 wires...here are the wires i am concerned about i dont know what the purpose of these wires are....they are coming from the alternator and as you can see the plug has been ripped off....

Starter solenoid wiring for 86-91 Mustang
attachment.php

PM me your email address and I will send you a complete Ford Factory 89 Mustang electrical diagram set. The zip file is 2.5 MB and is too big to fit through Stangnet's email gateway.

89 Mustang wiring diagrams zip package–

They are in a zip file format to reduce the size of the package. You’ll need WinZip or other Windows archive tool to extract them from the zip file. See MajorGeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities. for a free download.

You will need the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions