aluminum driveshaft

a guy told me he could find NOTHING in the Bay Area and said it would be $300 for a custom piece. After throwing up in my mouth and swallowing it, I seemed to remember everyone saying they've got much more expensive recently. Worth it?....I've had clutch chatter hell for 2 years now.

FYI I called Summit and they had nothing either, if anyone knows of stock on the west coast, lemme know!

• Sponsors (?)

The price of aluminum is up over 40% in the last 3 years (with most of the increase coming in the last 2). That may at least partially explain the jump in prices for driveshafts.

i paid like 185 plus s&h for mine. It was a must cause of the bad u-joint. Its a very nice clean piece that really went well with the exhaust to make the undercarriage look good. Also made the car feel much smoother.

BDAWK2002 said:
Does anyone know the part# for a 95 with a tremec transmisson.I found two listed one for the 96-02 #M4602J and one for 79-95 with t-5 & aod(e) & 79-93 with tremec M4602G.Of course no listing for 94-95 with tremec.

If you have a 3550, you need the 'G'. If you have a TKO/TKO2, you need the 'J' same as the 96-98 Cobra. The only difference in the two of them is that 'J' has a higher spline count in the transmission yoke.

aluminum drive shaft

[QUOTE='94ChickStang]a guy told me he could find NOTHING in the Bay Area and said it would be $300 for a custom piece. After throwing up in my mouth and swallowing it, I seemed to remember everyone saying they've got much more expensive recently. Worth it?....I've had clutch chatter hell for 2 years now.

FYI I called Summit and they had nothing either, if anyone knows of stock on the west coast, lemme know![/QUOTE]
Serramonte ford in Colma near Daly city got one for 235 as for frank in parts