Am I Reading This Diagram Right?

The harness diagram below shows the 4 pin wiring option for 3 wire hall effect sender. The way I read this, the black wire from the sender connects to the Tan/Black from the harness, the white (sender signal) connects to the tan/white from the harness, and the red (power for sender) connects to the red/white from the harness. So I take it this would mean the tan/black from the 4 pin harness is grounded through the black from the 6 pin harness (both of these plug into the back of the speedometer) and the red/white from the 4 pin harness will provide the 8V+ to power the sender signal. I'm guessing this power comes from the 12v power that the purple wire from the 6 pin harness is tied into? I've asked NVU's customer service several times and called and left messages, nothing. I don't think I'd recommend them to anyone.

Thanks,
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG Capture.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

I'm gonna say by the looks of that sender that it grounds internally in that sender body thru the tranny body. But it could also feed to your six pin connector internally in the speedo. So I don't think you need to make sure it gets additionally grounded if that's what you are worried about? Its getting grounded if you wire it just like your pics.