Amp and Sub in 1992 Mustang Convertible

So I finally found a sub that will fit in the insanely small trunk of my 1992 Mustang LX convertible.
I just went out and bought a wiring kit today and realized....I cant figure out how to get from the trunk of my car to the inside of my car. It appears to be like...completely closed off from the rest of the car.
Now...I seriously doubt this, there has to be some way to run a wire from the trunk to the inside of the car.
It was 100 degrees outside with like super high humidity...so I didn't really spend a hole lot of time looking. So I was wondering if any of you had any advice for me.

I'm also looking for the best way to run the 8 gauge wire through the firewall...I'm sure I can figure out this one on my own..but if any of you have any advice that can cut down on the time I spend messing around...I sure would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

you should be able to find a grommet in the trunk to run it through, I beleive there is a pump for the top mechanism and other wiring back there, just follow it back and find out where it goes through. The way i did mine was to run it under the carpet on the drivers side right under the door sill, then behind the kick panel and through a pre-existing grommet in the firewall. You WILL have to take off some trim panels and maybe even remove the back seat to get under it (Mine's a hatchback so i dont know for sure) It will take some work, but it can be done without drilling or cutting anything.

Dr.

As far as running the wire through from the engine compartment to the inside that one is pretty easy. Look under the dash, There should be a rubber grommet that you can feed a wire through. Best bet is to run it from the interior through the grommet and then look for it in the engine compartment when it comes out.

As far as from the interior to the trunk, I have a hatch, so its not the same. I'm sure someone with a notch can help you out there.

But I would guess that the bottom part of the seat comes out like a hatch and then you should see some hole or spot that the wires can wiggle through without being under stress.

you should be able to find a grommet in the trunk to run it through, I beleive there is a pump for the top mechanism and other wiring back there, just follow it back and find out where it goes through. The way i did mine was to run it under the carpet on the drivers side right under the door sill, then behind the kick panel and through a pre-existing grommet in the firewall. You WILL have to take off some trim panels and maybe even remove the back seat to get under it (Mine's a hatchback so i dont know for sure) It will take some work, but it can be done without drilling or cutting anything.

Dr.

Run it under the carpet? That sounds...hard. Ha.
In my old Saturn I did a very redneck job of wiring my subs.
Wires and twisty ties everywhere!

But my saturns life came to a quick end.
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98455
(That'll explain how that happened)
And thats how I got the insurance money for this car.

As far as running the wire through from the engine compartment to the inside that one is pretty easy. Look under the dash, There should be a rubber grommet that you can feed a wire through. Best bet is to run it from the interior through the grommet and then look for it in the engine compartment when it comes out.

As far as from the interior to the trunk, I have a hatch, so its not the same. I'm sure someone with a notch can help you out there.

But I would guess that the bottom part of the seat comes out like a hatch and then you should see some hole or spot that the wires can wiggle through without being under stress.

My old car I pushed it from the outside through the grommet to the inside...I guess I did it the hard way. :p

Really? I had no idea that my seat came out.
I'll have to check on that. I guess I'll be reading my Chilton manual tonight.
Haha.

Thanks!
If anyone with a convertible knows anything...I'd still appreciate it, but I'm going to attempt to take a stab at it tomorrow I think.

UPDATE:

I tried to take out the back seat...
It appears the place where the convertible top folds down is between the seat and the trunk...just like I thought it would be.

I remember when I took out one of the rear speakers a while ago it looks like it went pretty far back around the car...would I be able to run a wire around to the trunk though that opening?