An interesting comparison

Purebred

Aug 4, 2003
Maryland
ls.jpg

05stang.jpg

I realize that the new Stang is based off of the LS platform, but I didn't realize how similar they looked, especially from the side :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

They both share a similar front and rear overhang proportion. After that, there's no single similarity I can see. From what I've read, hardly ANY of the LS platform really wound up being used for the Mustang in the end, and that for all practical matters the new Mustang platform is an all-new critter that uses alot of what they learned and some suspension bits from the LS. Beyond that, I think you're going to get pestered by a bunch of "ummm, yeah, they're both red and have 4 wheels??" replies.

I got it.....RED! :banana: They're both red! And.....Windows, they have windows, Hey how about those round things they have at the bottom, the black rubbery things. These two are freakin twins. How could I have missed it. DOORS! How could I have missed the doors, maybe handles too, I'll have to look again, but I bet they both have handles. I can go on and on. Hard to tell them apart once you look at it for a while.

Hey, which one is the mustang?? Come on, you gotta tell me. Damn the suspense!!!! I can't take it. WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME SO?

Hang on, must take mood stabilizers! There.......all better now!

RICKS said:
They both share a similar front and rear overhang proportion. After that, there's no single similarity I can see.

Actually, that's really all I meant. The snubnose and ghetto booty seem to be similar on both cars, and different from the 99-04 Stang - I didn't mean to imply that I'd confuse the two cars if I saw them on the street.

Purebred said:
Actually, that's really all I meant. The snubnose and ghetto booty seem to be similar on both cars, and different from the 99-04 Stang - I didn't mean to imply that I'd confuse the two cars if I saw them on the street.

Purebred, GOTCHA. We were just bustin your balls, but with love. But in the future, when you get time, you gotta do me a favor. Tell me...........

WHICH ONE IS THE MUSTANG!!! Come on! I can't sleep. Their both red, how the freak am I suppose to tell. Damn you Ford, you mock me with your samealikesimilarness of vehichles. I'LL GET YOU SOME DAY YOU ROTTEN RAT BASTWITCHES.

Amazing how quickly that Zoloft can wear off.

eric n said:
Purebred, GOTCHA. We were just bustin your balls, but with love. But in the future, when you get time, you gotta do me a favor. Tell me...........

WHICH ONE IS THE MUSTANG!!! Come on! I can't sleep. Their both red, how the freak am I suppose to tell. Damn you Ford, you mock me with your samealikesimilarness of vehichles. I'LL GET YOU SOME DAY YOU ROTTEN RAT BASTWITCHES.

Amazing how quickly that Zoloft can wear off.

:fuss:

:jester:

As stated before the LS is a completely different platform. Ford's reasoning was that it costed too much and would outclass the car. They developed a new platform which is suppose to be able to lend itself to other cars as a platform.
Kevin