An invitation to get pulled over

• Sponsors (?)

Tylerb59 said:
I've already kicked around the idea of picking up a set, but seriously would be upset if they came out like pictured above. As far as I'm aware, the bulbs are easier to replace, so it's not much more out of pocket to change the temperature.

Not to mention the wide spread. Eek.
I had the 6000's on my cobra chit canned the stockers that looked like chit compared to the HID's. But its just a matter of taste. Got nothing but compliments on mine, but maybe they couldnt be seen as well running 11.8 in the 1/4 mile, you see the faster your car is the more purple color bulb you can run and get away with it. So ya better stick with the yellowish white ones :D

The biggest issue I have with the stock lighting is not the color but how well you can see. I vividly remember the first time I drove a 99+ Mustang at night and it was pretty scary. You eventually get used to it, but it's amazing jumping into another car and how much better the light jumps forward and you're actually able to SEE. Unfortunately the HID lighting kits don't add much, along side strain to the eyes of the user and even more discomfort to the poor guy facing you head on in the other direction.

The second issue I have with Mustangs are the owners (previous and current) who look down on others (read elitism) in order to feel better about their own short comings in various manners. :notnice:

Yea ... You had a Cobra. Holy crap! :canada:

Tylerb59 said:
The biggest issue I have with the stock lighting is not the color but how well you can see. I vividly remember the first time I drove a 99+ Mustang at night and it was pretty scary. You eventually get used to it, but it's amazing jumping into another car and how much better the light jumps forward and you're actually able to SEE. Unfortunately the HID lighting kits don't add much, along side strain to the eyes of the user and even more discomfort to the poor guy facing you head on in the other direction.

The second issue I have with Mustangs are the owners (previous and current) who look down on others (read elitism) in order to feel better about their own short comings in various manners. :notnice:

Yea ... You had a Cobra. Holy crap! :canada:
Shouldnt look in a mirror then:lol: :flag: and yes I had a cobra and many more, your point? I also had a low 13 sec gt like yours..oops my bad yours is a hi 13's guess thats just one of your short comings :flag: :flame: :flame:

:nono:
High 13s?

That car has trapped 106 dude with some trouble off the line due to stock clutch issues. Ran 13.3 last time out in September, I'd say it's 12 sec capable car I just haven't put it there this season with the new clutch. Not to bad for a 100%, hell or high water daily driver with 70k.

And there you go again making yourself feel better. Isn't it your bed time old man? Nightly dose of Geritol is in order? :lol:

Oh and, the first time I drove a Terminator at the track I put it into the 11's (similar mods - ported Heaton) and it didn't take me months on end to figure out how to do it like somebody. :shrug:

The kit I bought was from StangMods. It is the 8000K kit, but the pictures make them look a LOT more blue than they really are. They are bluer than the 6000K's of course, but the camera sucks. It always makes my car look a bit darker when I take daylight pictures. There are no highbeams with this kit. It would require an extra element, and extra wiring. You don't need the highbeams with this particular kit. It is bright enough to where you can see well, but not so bright that you see too much. I have yet to be flashed by anyone driving around, and since I work nights, that is the time I usually drive my car. I do have matching 6000K fog light bulbs, but I do need to order the OEM housings and do the wiring for them. I think at that point I will probably get flashed for having both on at the same time.

The kit is normally $299, but I got the kit and the matching fog bulbs for $310 shipped. The guy who owns the company is pretty chill at negotiating and will usually hook people up cheaper than the advertised prices on his site if you give him a call or shoot him an email and work with him. He does have projector HID's for the 99-04 Mustangs, but they are $540. They do come with the housings, bulbs, ballasts, and wiring to set them up. I almost bought them but I didn't want to have to mess with re-aiming everything because I don't have a garage or wall where I live that I could use to do it.

The first shot looks a little bad because it is shining the light into the street and is not cut off by a garage door like in the one posted picture from Henceforward. I have seen the cutoff in various places just driving around and it is pretty comparable to his. You all will just have to see them in person to judge for yourself because my camera sucks and makes them look a little brighter and bluer than they really are. I can see a hell of a lot better though, that's for sure. It was money well spent, and the bulbs and ballasts will last YEARS longer than any halogen of half-assed xenon bulb.

Tylerb59 said:
:nono:
High 13s?

That car has trapped 106 dude with some trouble off the line due to stock clutch issues. Ran 13.3 last time out in September, I'd say it's 12 sec capable car I just haven't put it there this season with the new clutch. Not to bad for a 100%, hell or high water daily driver with 70k.

And there you go again making yourself feel better. Isn't it your bed time old man? Nightly dose of Geritol is in order? :lol:

Oh and, the first time I drove a Terminator at the track I put it into the 11's (similar mods - ported Heaton) and it didn't take me months on end to figure out how to do it like somebody. :shrug:
Hey just because im 20 years older than you dosent make me old:p and I never use Geritol...excedrin pm is much more soothing, and it didnt take me months to break into the 11's in took me years...so there:D now you'll have to exuse me its time for my nap.

tehnick said:
The kit I bought was from StangMods. It is the 8000K kit, but the pictures make them look a LOT more blue than they really are. They are bluer than the 6000K's of course, but the camera sucks. It always makes my car look a bit darker when I take daylight pictures. There are no highbeams with this kit. It would require an extra element, and extra wiring. You don't need the highbeams with this particular kit. It is bright enough to where you can see well, but not so bright that you see too much. I have yet to be flashed by anyone driving around, and since I work nights, that is the time I usually drive my car. I do have matching 6000K fog light bulbs, but I do need to order the OEM housings and do the wiring for them. I think at that point I will probably get flashed for having both on at the same time.

The kit is normally $299, but I got the kit and the matching fog bulbs for $310 shipped. The guy who owns the company is pretty chill at negotiating and will usually hook people up cheaper than the advertised prices on his site if you give him a call or shoot him an email and work with him. He does have projector HID's for the 99-04 Mustangs, but they are $540. They do come with the housings, bulbs, ballasts, and wiring to set them up. I almost bought them but I didn't want to have to mess with re-aiming everything because I don't have a garage or wall where I live that I could use to do it.

The first shot looks a little bad because it is shining the light into the street and is not cut off by a garage door like in the one posted picture from Henceforward. I have seen the cutoff in various places just driving around and it is pretty comparable to his. You all will just have to see them in person to judge for yourself because my camera sucks and makes them look a little brighter and bluer than they really are. I can see a hell of a lot better though, that's for sure. It was money well spent, and the bulbs and ballasts will last YEARS longer than any halogen of half-assed xenon bulb.

Ya know I agree with the xenon bulb comment. Unfortunately I have spent a couple of hundred dollars buying what is supposed to be the best bulb brand (piaa) for my wifes car and it seems they only last a year:nonono: With the money I have spent it would have been wise to go with a HID kit, but then again the car really should have come from the factory that way.

The Factor said:
Hey just because im 20 years older than you dosent make me old:p and I never use Geritol...excedrin pm is much more soothing, and it didnt take me months to break into the 11's in took me years...so there:D now you'll have to exuse me its time for my nap.
I love the banter on the NW discussion forums...:D :SNSign:

The Factor said:

:lol:

I was originally going to say years but had no idea! :jaw:

tehnick said:

They look good , i've seen the 8000's in person and they look much better like you said. Just enjoy them, I use to luv it when they painted new white lines on the street the HID'S make them glow like driving in a video game, just dont crash looking at them..lol

The Factor said:
They look good , i've seen the 8000's in person and they look much better like you said. Just enjoy them, I use to luv it when they painted new white lines on the street the HID'S make them glow like driving in a video game, just dont crash looking at them..lol
Hell yes, the lines in the road just illuminate, the signs come out and grab you. When I first turned them on at night, I thought that perhaps I bought the wrong ones until I hit Hwy 26, I-84, and I-205N up to Vancouver to pick up my friend Shelby for coffee. No, it's not the Shelby people on here know from back in the day, but she is young, hot, and has a nice rack :nice: She's comin over this week for some drinks. Fun time is in order, if ya know what i mean :D

tehnick said:
Hell yes, the lines in the road just illuminate, the signs come out and grab you. When I first turned them on at night, I thought that perhaps I bought the wrong ones until I hit Hwy 26, I-84, and I-205N up to Vancouver to pick up my friend Shelby for coffee. No, it's not the Shelby people on here know from back in the day, but she is young, hot, and has a nice rack :nice: She's comin over this week for some drinks. Fun time is in order, if ya know what i mean :D
:nice: Party time:banana:

The Factor said:
:D My backup has arrived. Hey bro how ya been doing? Get those stitches out? Hope your doing well:nice: :flag:

The staples are out and I can now run on my leg. Unfortunately, I haven't had the left leg done yet, so I'll have to wait a little while before I can really push myself. I go to cali next week for vacation and then I'll have the left leg done a few weeks after I get back. If we have a starbucks meet in six weeks or so, I should have more staples to show you!:D

Oh and if your cuttoff is no where near this sharp, then you will understand why other motorists will want to yell at you.

I don't think I've ever seen a cutoff that sharp. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

As for the blues, henceforward is right, blue fatigues the eyes, but a lot of people aren't affected by it. I suffer from poor night vision as well, and I ran HIDs on a bronco a while back, it did fatigue my eyes after a while. But it really does light up the road nicely, and I think it looks cool on some cars.

loud 95 said:
The staples are out and I can now run on my leg. Unfortunately, I haven't had the left leg done yet, so I'll have to wait a little while before I can really push myself. I go to cali next week for vacation and then I'll have the left leg done a few weeks after I get back. If we have a starbucks meet in six weeks or so, I should have more staples to show you!:D
YIKES:eek: have fun in cali:nice:

codemonkey said:
I don't think I've ever seen a cutoff that sharp. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

As for the blues, henceforward is right, blue fatigues the eyes, but a lot of people aren't affected by it. I suffer from poor night vision as well, and I ran HIDs on a bronco a while back, it did fatigue my eyes after a while. But it really does light up the road nicely, and I think it looks cool on some cars.
So far I have not experienced any eye fatigue. The night I put them in, I put at least 100 miles on my car driving all over the metro area on the freeways getting a feel for them. So far, so good with no eye strain. I did manage to pull up to a wall tonight and check out the cutoff, and it sits level with what Henceforward posted. Probably not the same height, but it doesn't go above the top of the hood level, more around the middle of the hood. The light does extend pretty far, and the middle of the light is really bright where it projects out far. I think I will be fine. Rolled by a few Washington County Sheriffs tonight and they didn't seem to look twice at me.