Analyzing Your Timeslip

I finally took my car to the track and was a bit disappointed with my ETs. I'm pretty sure it's more me and less the car, but I'm not exactly sure what I need to work on. Does the information on the timeslip give me clues as to what I'm doing wrong? My best run was:
- R/T = .117
- 60' = 2.253
- 330' = 6.218
- 1/8 = 9.456
- MPH = 75.98
- 1000 = 12.270
- 1/4 = 14.651
- MPH 94.78

I know the R/T part is me being asleep, but doesn't really impact the ET. What else jumps out? Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the feedback.

I did look at the mph between 1/8 and 1/4. I think that might be due to needing to replace the weather stripping on my top. Toward the end of the track it was like being in a hurricane. People were telling me my top was ballooned out which was probably working like a parachute. I've got new seals on order and will fix that before my next trip.

On the 60', what would be a good time for that? I wasn't launching very hard and had minimal tire spin, about 2k power break. Should I try a harder launch?

Again, great info. One trip to the track and you get hooked.

Like others are saying, your 60 foot time could definitely be better. Just bringing that down to 2.0 seconds will get you into the low 14's.
What kind of tires are you using? More gear behind that C4 (3.55-3.80) will do wonders. But I would start with good tires to optimize what you have. With good sticky tires you will probably bog on the launch till you up the gear and converter.

Resonse to some of the questions:
- Tires are street radials Firestone Firehawk (not much stick on these)
- Limited slip differential

I'm going again in a few weeks and will work on my 60' times. I think I can launch a lot harder. I really wasn't getting much tire spin off the line.