• Off-Topic Hangout

And in other news....

  • Thread starter Thread starter LILCBRA
  • Start date Start date Jun 16, 2022

LILCBRA

I wish I didn't have all of these balls in the air
Mod Dude
Dec 6, 2005
6,532
5,532
194
Corn County USA
Jun 16, 2022
#1
  • Jun 16, 2022
  • #1


47 Cats Rescued From Car At Minnesota Rest Stop

The cats were found inside a car on a day when there was a heat advisory in effect.
www.cbsnews.com

Can you imagine the smell inside the car?!
 

Adieu

Easy there, this ain't a dating site.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 7, 2002
9,531
5,187
224
Jun 16, 2022
#2
  • Jun 16, 2022
  • #2
Someone check on @Jinx , apparently his car was found.
 
Reactions: Ronin38 and LILCBRA

Jinx

I like cats, cats like me. Cats and I fully agree.
20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 2, 2003
12,166
4,237
223
Cat Country
Jun 16, 2022
#3
  • Jun 16, 2022
  • #3
MustangIIMatt said:
Someone check on @Jinx , apparently his car was found.
Click to expand...
Hey, it was crystal clear in the autotrader ad that it was sold "As is" no exceptions.

On a serious note: If you've ever witnessed an animal in full heat stroke from being left in a car on a hot day that it's brain was literally fried inside its skull that the only thing to do was to take it's life to ends its suffering, it would break your heart. I have been known to break windows on 4 separate occasions for this very reason. (4 lives saved)
 
Reactions: Ronin38 and LILCBRA

LILCBRA

I wish I didn't have all of these balls in the air
Mod Dude
Dec 6, 2005
6,532
5,532
194
Corn County USA
Jun 16, 2022
#4
  • Jun 16, 2022
  • #4
In fairness, they said in the video that the person in the car surrendered them willingly, and they were there before the heat of the day. Maybe the car had AC and they were living in it? Things are getting pretty craptastic in that regard lately....
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,065
10,688
213
polk county florida
Jun 16, 2022
#5
  • Jun 16, 2022
  • #5
I was almost arrested for breaking a car window with a dog inside once.
 
Reactions: 7991LXnSHO and LILCBRA

LILCBRA

I wish I didn't have all of these balls in the air
Mod Dude
Dec 6, 2005
6,532
5,532
194
Corn County USA
Jun 16, 2022
#6
  • Jun 16, 2022
  • #6
Did the cops not notice the dog or was it the owner who tried to press charges or something?
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,065
10,688
213
polk county florida
Jun 16, 2022
#7
  • Jun 16, 2022
  • #7
LILCBRA said:
Did the cops not notice the dog or was it the owner who tried to press charges or something?
Click to expand...
Cops threatened, I requested a supervisor and he told them to let me go.
 
Reactions: LILCBRA and Jinx

Jinx

I like cats, cats like me. Cats and I fully agree.
20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 2, 2003
12,166
4,237
223
Cat Country
Jun 16, 2022
#8
  • Jun 16, 2022
  • #8
General karthief said:
Cops threatened, I requested a supervisor and he told them to let me go.
Click to expand...
When I had to do it, I called animal control which falls under the sheriffs department. They told me if an officer did not respond within 5 min to break the window, and that I may still have to deal with the consequences.
 

Ronin38

Blow all the things!
15 Year Member
Dec 18, 2010
7,235
4,396
224
Dayton, OH
Jun 17, 2022
#9
  • Jun 17, 2022
  • #9
Jinx said:
... and that I may still have to deal with the consequences.
Click to expand...
Does that mean you get to keep the dog?
 

Jinx

I like cats, cats like me. Cats and I fully agree.
20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 2, 2003
12,166
4,237
223
Cat Country
Jun 17, 2022
#10
  • Jun 17, 2022
  • #10
Ronin38 said:
Does that mean you get to keep the dog?
Click to expand...
Nope, but I did have to pay for 2 of the windows. (Money well spent)
 
Reactions: Ronin38 and General karthief

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
7,387
2,745
194
Kearney, NE
Jun 17, 2022
#11
  • Jun 17, 2022
  • #11
High score! Most chases only reach 110-125 mph. This guy got far enough ahead enough to ditch the car and hide out at a hotel.

Patrol: Chase reached speeds of 155 mph; driver arrested

GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (AP) — The Nebraska State Patrol says an attempt to stop a speeding car on Interstate 80 led to a high-speed chase over 60 miles that reached 155 mph. The patrol says the incident happened Monday night, when a Seward County sheriff's deputy tried to stop a speeding Camaro on...
nebraska.tv
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,065
10,688
213
polk county florida
Jun 17, 2022
#12
  • Jun 17, 2022
  • #12
7991LXnSHO said:
High score! Most chases only reach 110-125 mph. This guy got far enough ahead enough to ditch the car and hide out at a hotel.

Patrol: Chase reached speeds of 155 mph; driver arrested

GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (AP) — The Nebraska State Patrol says an attempt to stop a speeding car on Interstate 80 led to a high-speed chase over 60 miles that reached 155 mph. The patrol says the incident happened Monday night, when a Seward County sheriff's deputy tried to stop a speeding Camaro on...
nebraska.tv
Click to expand...
I like that charge 'suspicion of drug money'. Some states you don't get that money back regardless of conviction or not.
 
Reactions: 7991LXnSHO

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Jun 19, 2022
#13
  • Jun 19, 2022
  • #13
General karthief said:
I like that charge 'suspicion of drug money'. Some states you don't get that money back regardless of conviction or not.
Click to expand...
That happens in Texas.
 
Reactions: General karthief
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
Fox Fan Clutch
  • Jamesmcga
  • Mar 28, 2022
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 12, 2022
7991LXnSHO
Weatherstrip issue
  • 1hot87gt
  • May 15, 2022
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 25, 2022
chrlsful
C
F
Inconsistent Car Tapping/Rattling After Header Install
  • Flash_The_Stang
  • Sep 29, 2021
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
2K
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Oct 20, 2021
Flash_The_Stang
F
S
Possible faulty injector driver?
  • serfma
  • Apr 26, 2022
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Apr 29, 2022
serfma
S
R
1965 mustang body work, Complete Floor Pan Assembly install questions
  • runawayabc123
  • Jun 1, 2022
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
12
Views
7K
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Sep 14, 2025
GOvert
G
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Off-Topic Hangout
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?