and yet another "newbie"

1993SVT

May 25, 2010
Hey all, new to the scene here. Hoping I will be able to find the answers I'm looking for on some problems I'm having with my fox, learn some stuff that I might be unaware of, and make some new friends in the process. I'm the proud owner of an original cobra and I'm trying to do a transmission replacement. Tranny is a tremec3550 and I know there are alot of ppl out there who dislike this particular tranny and alot that love it. Well, I'm taking my chances because I've had this trans for a while and it's just been sitting in my garage(new, never used). I had it put on a 351W project of mine which I gave up on and sold. I kept the drivetrain components though. the trans fit fine on the 351. I bought all the necessary equipment to go with the tremec, even a new billet flywheel. I put all the same parts on the cobra, even the flywheel(prob shouldn't have done that). the clutch is a centerforce dual friction(new also). I've got this nasty vibration when I start it up and worse when I hit the gas. I'm thinking I shouldn't have put that flywheel on there. It was just a bit heavier than the stock flywheel but didn't occur to me about the crankshafts being a different weight on the 351 to handle that flyweel. I'm going to start the process of tearing it all back down again, :cry:, and reinstall the stock fywheel in hopes of a remedy. I already surfed for an answer as to the vibration and made the appropriate changes(spacer in between the tailshaft and trans mount) and it made it worse. If anyone else has any input, it's most appreciated. happy to be a member here. the rides are beautiful. thanks all. :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)