• Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon

and yet another "newbie"

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1993SVT
  • Start date Start date May 25, 2010

1993SVT

New Member
May 25, 2010
29
0
1
May 25, 2010
#1
  • May 25, 2010
  • #1
Hey all, new to the scene here. Hoping I will be able to find the answers I'm looking for on some problems I'm having with my fox, learn some stuff that I might be unaware of, and make some new friends in the process. I'm the proud owner of an original cobra and I'm trying to do a transmission replacement. Tranny is a tremec3550 and I know there are alot of ppl out there who dislike this particular tranny and alot that love it. Well, I'm taking my chances because I've had this trans for a while and it's just been sitting in my garage(new, never used). I had it put on a 351W project of mine which I gave up on and sold. I kept the drivetrain components though. the trans fit fine on the 351. I bought all the necessary equipment to go with the tremec, even a new billet flywheel. I put all the same parts on the cobra, even the flywheel(prob shouldn't have done that). the clutch is a centerforce dual friction(new also). I've got this nasty vibration when I start it up and worse when I hit the gas. I'm thinking I shouldn't have put that flywheel on there. It was just a bit heavier than the stock flywheel but didn't occur to me about the crankshafts being a different weight on the 351 to handle that flyweel. I'm going to start the process of tearing it all back down again, , and reinstall the stock fywheel in hopes of a remedy. I already surfed for an answer as to the vibration and made the appropriate changes(spacer in between the tailshaft and trans mount) and it made it worse. If anyone else has any input, it's most appreciated. happy to be a member here. the rides are beautiful. thanks all. :SNSign:
 

Ponyup1

Banned
May 27, 2010
217
0
0
Adams,MA
May 28, 2010
#2
  • May 28, 2010
  • #2
Welcome to Stangnet!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
447
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
M
Another Newbie
  • markb
  • Dec 1, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
5
Views
252
The Welcome Wagon Dec 7, 2025
markb
M
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
137
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
214
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
D
sad day
  • davecobra2
  • Jul 13, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
249
What is it Worth?!?!? Jul 22, 2026
davecobra2
D
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?