Annoying high idle

97 cobra581

May 7, 2008
I own a 1997 mustang cobra nearly stock with a cold air intake and some 4.10 gears. Recently i had my spark plugs replaced and fuel injectors cleaned. When i started up the car the idle was at 700 but shaking the car. I drove it around a little and every time i pushed in the clutch the idle got higher. Eventually sitting around 2000 rpm everytime i push in the clutch and wont ever drop unless at a stop for about 30 seconds it will drop to 1000 and when i accelerated again the rpms shot back up to 2000 in neutral. The ignition wires check out and there isnt a vacuum leak. I replaced the TPS (throttle position sensor) and IAC valve hoping that would still fix it. Nothing and still have the same problem, Any input appreciated!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I own a 1997 mustang cobra nearly stock with a cold air intake and some 4.10 gears. Recently i had my spark plugs replaced and fuel injectors cleaned. When i started up the car the idle was at 700 but shaking the car. I drove it around a little and every time i pushed in the clutch the idle got higher. Eventually sitting around 2000 rpm everytime i push in the clutch and wont ever drop unless at a stop for about 30 seconds it will drop to 1000 and when i accelerated again the rpms shot back up to 2000 in neutral. The ignition wires check out and there isnt a vacuum leak. I replaced the TPS (throttle position sensor) and IAC valve hoping that would still fix it. Nothing and still have the same problem, Any input appreciated!!!

does the shifter shake side to side at 40 mph in 5th?