• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

Annoying Sound Coming From Engine?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Machbud
  • Start date Start date Oct 4, 2020
M

Machbud

New Member
Sep 28, 2020
1
0
1
92240
Oct 4, 2020
#1
  • Oct 4, 2020
  • #1
Hello, this is my first time posting an issue that I'm having with my
2005 Mustang GT. Here goes. I decided to install a set of BBK shorty
headers and when I accelerate I hear what sounds like an exhaust leak
coming from the passenger side of my engine? However, I've installed
three different types of Header gaskets and I still hear the same sound
under acceleration? There is No sound when at idle. I've also installed
all new bolts and they are all still tight as well as all the connections of
the exhaust system. Could someone Please tell what this sound could
possible be other then an exhaust leak? This has me every perplexed
and is driving me crazy. I would definitely appreciate any help.
Cheers!
 

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
7,387
2,745
194
Kearney, NE
Oct 4, 2020
#2
  • Oct 4, 2020
  • #2
Have you checked the other end of the header for leaks?
Can you provide a recording or better description for the sound?
A listening hose or mechanic’s stethoscope should be helpful here.
 
R

racerraj

Founding Member
Dec 17, 2001
493
32
39
Dickson, TN
Oct 8, 2020
#3
  • Oct 8, 2020
  • #3
I agree with 7992LXnSHO. When I swap between the Cats and Off Road H Pipe I get a leak at the header to exhaust pipe every so often and have to re-do or re-tighten that.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Sound deadener install
  • limp
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
252
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 17, 2026
limp
K
Resolved Weird sound coming from a freshly rebuilt 5.0L
  • karhoot
  • Jun 24, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
288
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 27, 2026
Mac131
J
Engine Coolant leak from oil filter
  • jr273
  • Mar 26, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
9
Views
333
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 31, 2026
squeak93
C
Weird sound from engine
  • charliethepotato
  • Dec 11, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
121
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Dec 11, 2025
charliethepotato
C
R
bbk shorty header to mid pipe gasket
  • randyyy
  • Sep 29, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
441
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 29, 2025
randyyy
R
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?