another 1/4 mile question

trav_19

Oct 29, 2006
Jackson, MI
i know theres a lot of these and what not but i was looking over the rules for my local track and i was wanting to know about where i should be to accomidate where i will be at...because i really dont want a cage...and if it goes 13.49 or faster i need one....i dont think i will make that deep this coming year but whats your thoughts?

i will have full aftermarket exhaust
lowering springs dont know if that really plays a role..?
100 shot wet nitrous
i will say stock rear gear because i dont think i will have the 4.10's in but possibly
it has a shift kit
smog eliminated

i believe that should be in for this year...i cant think of anything else you guys think i will be low 14's with stock gear?

• Sponsors (?)

really maybe i should leave the gears out this season...i really dont want to put a cage in.... i know of twice i will be going to the track this year....maybe more but unsure.... and i cant see a cage for that...its more a street car....but once the 347 goes in i think i wont have a choice on the cage:nonono:

Car Using Slicks Needs a Drive Shaft Loop**

14:00 & Up
Catch can
Seat Bealts
Neutral Saftey Switch

Helmet Snell 90 or Higher

11.50 - 13.49
Roll Bar or Roll Cage For Convertibles

10.00 - 11.49
Aftermarket Rear Axles (10.99)
Harmonic Balancer (10.99)
Transmission Shield (10.99)
Drive Shaft Loop
Current Seat Belts (5 Point SFI)
Flywheel Shield
Fire Jacket
Arm Restraints (Open Cars)
Roll Cage/Roll Bar
Window

oh thanks for clearing that up for me will...i thought that seamed kinda slow to need a cage lol.....good to know.....but looks like my 93 will never be a track car because im not putting a roll bar in a vert:nonono: what kinda times does your car run will?

oh thanks for clearing that up for me will...i thought that seamed kinda slow to need a cage lol.....good to know.....but looks like my 93 will never be a track car because im not putting a roll bar in a vert:nonono: what kinda times does your car run will?

No problem Trav....

Best I've got and it was at Milan was 13.51 @ 99 mph with a 1.8 60' foot.....

now what does that tell ya.........lol.....I'm sure the car is capable of lower and we'll see once the 4:10's go in.............car is great out the box and through second but falls off in 3rd.........a lot of peeps on here say the 'slushbox and the 3:73's are not maximizing the powerband.........I've got a set of Pulleys I got from Don and I will have the gears before we meet up.....I'm hoping to see lower........
We can get 'Hazard" and some of the MI fella's to go and have a good time...

My friend with the LT1 wants a rematch ..he ordered a Aluminum driveshaft and a ported BBk TB........so we will see....:rlaugh:

and Paul.....kiss my A@@......:rlaugh: LOL.....don't make me get a bottle too...:SNSign:

You know you're skeered..... :stick:

:lol: The bottle will definitely maximize your powerband. LOL You'll have too much gear most likely. Just depends on the shot you run and how far you want to twist that needle.

That reminds me I still have to call Andre about my stall. See if it'll need to be restalled or not.

:D :rlaugh: Paul.....I won't mess with the bottle...........just because I'm not a big racer....................ie...went 3 times this whole year.............maybe down the road though:rolleyes:

blah.gif
= skeered just like the Mystery Machine :rlaugh:

hey will you know you wanna play with the gas!!!! i want the bottle for street duty lol..... i just want to see those queer rice burner chase me at every light and swerve in and out of traffic to get up to me then when they do...just give them a little purge!!!! haha