Another 5.0 swap question, wiring harness

my70stang

Jul 16, 2005
Arizona
Hey guys,

Me again with another question about my 5.0 swap. Does anyone know where I could find a wiring harness for a my '70 coupe for a 5.0? Should I find a harness from a newer car and alter that? Should I alter the one that I have now? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The engine would be for the most part stock.

• Sponsors (?)

If you're going to use th EFI setup then yes, you'll need the computer wiring harness from the 86-93. Lots of wiring for lots of sensors even if you drop the non-essentials.

Actually there is the computer harness, injector harness and O2 sensor harness you'll have to deal with.

-Stephen

I am confused. EFI and fuel injection are the same thing. You can easily use a wiring harness out of a 89-93 but not earlier because you want MASS AIR. Get a wiring diagram for the year of the harness and one for the car it is going into and with a little patience it is easy to blend the two. I have done it several times with no problems.

my70stang said:
Thanks stephen,

Yes, I will have the EFI system, and ill probably get a newer, more reliable distributor, would i need any more wires from the harness for that besides spark plug wire?

you need a distributor out of a 87-93 car. with that you have to make sure you have the right came gear to match your cam (bronze/iron or steel).