another big dilemna for me, coupe at stake again!

should i sell my four eye notch to buy a completely built 11sec. 03 mustang

• yes, sell the car and buy the gt

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • no, keep the notch, when are you ever going to own an 86 coupe this clean again

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters

carbed87

Jun 5, 2005
ok, so i do love my car and there are little things i would sell it for but this might just be one of them, and i need your help.

the car is a 2003 GT, 43,000 miles, silver with the satin pony rims and all black interior.

mod list:

complete motor ordered from Anderson Ford which includes a level 20 D.S.S. block or short block or something with some custom gorund cams (lol i dont know, but it's completely built)

Procharger's D-1 or P-1, i know it's the smaller of the two, anyway, it's pullied and has an AFM powerpipe.

complete QA-1 front end which includes the K-member, A-arms and coilovers

upper and lower control arms in the rear with nitto 555r's taking the abuse

centerforce dual friction clutch and steeda shifter

...im sure theres so much more, but you guys get the idea and pretty much know that if theres this much done, it also has all the other necesary mods like exaust...etc

ANYWAYS, he said he's sell it to me for 12k as is and also throw in a full NX nitrious kit, i've seen the guy drive and know how he builds and works on cars, so im definately not worried about the quality of the work, about the only thing bother ime is that fact that i'd haveto give my 86 notch up. if i did that would mean i'd sell my motor too and pretty much already have a little over half of the car paid for.

sorry i dont have any pics, but im sure we all know what a pristene silver 03 gt looks like right.

so thanks for your help guys, lol this is REALLY tough for me

• Sponsors (?)

i just dont want to be the guy in 20 years saying, "86 notch...yeah...i had one of those once, but i sold it to buy an 03" this will conviently take place when 86 coupes are going for 20,000 and 03's are going for like 2000

i just dont want to be the guy in 20 years saying, "86 notch...yeah...i had one of those once, but i sold it to buy an 03" this will conviently take place when 86 coupes are going for 20,000 and 03's are going for like 2000

I already speak of my 86 Vert and my 95 Formula Firebird that way. Both will be worth money and I got rid of them :(

This is at least the second time you create a thread asking if you should sell your car and buy something newer. You already know the opinions you're going to get by posting in a 5.0 forum, especially when a nice, rare 86 coupe is concerned (see what I mean?). I say if you want a newer car, go ahead and buy one and I'm sure you'll be very happy. Will you regret the sell in the future? Maybe you will, maybe you won't. Make up your mind on what you REALLY want.

get your damn engine in and go stand on the loud pedal some and if you like then theres your answer.

im a firm believer in built not bought but again its your boat that you have to float. my friend bought a built accord and i could see it in him that he was dissapointed in himself b.c. he didnt build it when people asked about it.

it is kinda peculiar to me that you have started so many threads about trading your car for something or another, so its all up to you. i just think you'll have tons of fun in a H/C/I 86 notch. especially after the engines all done and you move on to brakes/suspension/interior, where the real fun is at.

Sounds like a pretty good deal for the car and it seems to me with the different threads you've made about getting rid of your car maybe it is the best thing for you to do. But all that extra money going into the GT would make one pretty nasty 4 eye.

well this is only the second thred of this nature, and i apologize if anyone is getting sick of them. but you guys are right, and thats what i had in my head anyways, lol my neighbor (who also owns a fox and an 11sec two valve) though was trying to talk me into it. it's a fantastic deal for sure, but i think im going to keep my coupe. dagger, you can delete this thread if you want.