Another dumb exhaust question?????

Im trying to fugure out what type of exhaust is run on the lets say 01ish GT's. I hear these cars sometimes and they just sound freakn mean and loud.
We are sitting here @ work and our counter faces the road, well it's about 60ish outside and we have the doors open. This black GT rides by as he is idleing down to get ready to stop for the light, and it just sounds sweet, kinda going blop blop blop, iv'e heard him gas it before and it sounds good.
I know this is stupid without sound clips of his, but man I like that sound. It seems like only the newer ones can get that tone:shrug: . Is it that they have larger diameter tail that come straight out the back and mine are stock tails that are tucked under the bumper? :shrug:
My setup is loud but the other has that mean roar, I feel dumber the more I type:D , .
Anyway just throwing it out there, maybe someone else knows what im talking about.
Heres a clip of mine
View attachment 333827

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, there's nothing really special about the New Edge exhaust, just that it comes from a modular. But your car's exhaust sounds great to me, that's how I want my Stang to sound, but I need to have cats on it.

It's the engine that makes the sound.

I have the same exhaust on both my Mustangs....and the 4.6L > 5.0L

The 99-04's have a meaner sound due to slightly more aggressive cams than the 96-98 Mustangs,

The sound from the 99-04 also comes from the increased airflow, via the intake and heads. It gives it a deeper tone.

I am with what Brian, aka 25th Mustang said.

I have owned both a 5.0 and 4.6L, it is the engine that does it:)

I swapped my heads, cam, and intake off of an '02 onto my '98, and the sound deepness increased slightly.

A Mac prochamber is a good starting point...

The 5.0 sounds good, but the 4.6L has an "exotic" sort of sound in the upper RPM's.

I was just out driving my 4.6 around and rolling up to 5K in 2nd gear and then letting the RPM's come down on it's own. It sounded damn good. I was slightly jealous of myself for a second there :)

Maybe I'm just the old guy here, and the 4.6 thing is great, but they will never, ever sound like a properly done 5.0, 2.5 off road X or H, with two chambers. Not a tinny, exhaust sound coming from mufflers, but thunder from under. Car alarms go off when I start mine, turn the radio off, can't you hear the real music? kinda sound. Yeah.

Maybe I'm just the old guy here, and the 4.6 thing is great, but they will never, ever sound like a properly done 5.0, 2.5 off road X or H, with two chambers. Not a tinny, exhaust sound coming from mufflers, but thunder from under. Car alarms go off when I start mine, turn the radio off, can't you hear the real music? kinda sound. Yeah.

i agree with this guy. i love the 5.0 sound but then again the 4.6's sound awesome too. why not have both :)

+1

While I do like the sound of the 4.6's, the 5.0's just sound better IMHO.

The 5.0 sounds good, but the 4.6L has an "exotic" sort of sound in the upper RPM's.

I was just out driving my 4.6 around and rolling up to 5K in 2nd gear and then letting the RPM's come down on it's own. It sounded damn good. I was slightly jealous of myself for a second there :)

Exactly. My dad's 2001 Cobra with a Ford Racing FR500 x-pipe and catback sounds icredible, there's no toher car in my town that sounds like it, it's just beautiful!