• Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech

Another front brake upgrade question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Texas275
  • Start date Start date Nov 9, 2024
T

Texas275

Member
May 31, 2024
17
10
13
Texas
Nov 9, 2024
#1
  • Nov 9, 2024
  • #1
I am going to upgrade the front brakes on my 78 to the 11 inch rotors. Instead of a big layout of money for a full kit, I need to break it up over time buying components one at a time. I have found rotors and brackets, my question is what calipers and brake lines would I need to get. I know GM metric, but off of what year, make, and model?

Thanks in advance, Tom
 

LILCBRA

I wish I didn't have all of these balls in the air
Mod Dude
Dec 6, 2005
6,529
5,525
194
Corn County USA
Nov 9, 2024
#2
  • Nov 9, 2024
  • #2
Welcome to the site and group!

I still run the stock brakes in my car so I'm not 100% sure. For some reason I think they're from the late 70s-early 80s Monte Carlos - but I definitely could be wrong. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I will pop by soon to lead you in the right direction.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

W
Front ATS brakes with Taurus rear brakes. Full parts needed?
  • Wagonized
  • Sep 24, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
161
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 25, 2026
General karthief
Brake pad and rotor upgrade
  • Sparky714
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
500
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2026
Sparky714
G
Auto City Classics 67-70 Mustang disc brake kit question/s
  • GOvert
  • Jun 30, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
114
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 30, 2026
GOvert
G
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
244
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
H
Strange steering/brake issue
  • Haxmaster
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
145
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 3, 2026
squeak93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?