Another Holley conversion finished up

• Sponsors (?)

What are we thinking about the terminator X kits as far as future proof?
I have my days where i think i should swap over the factory 03 cobra computer and harness to that system.
Do i need to? No, but i had a ton of notes and drawings i made when i swapped over engines and by leaving the books in my garage (which gets really humid in a summer rain) All the freaken ink and pencil disappeared and it's been so long at this point i don't really remember what i did. I don't want this thing to be a nightmare for my kids one day (or maybe even myself) when troubleshooting.

What are we thinking about the terminator X kits as far as future proof?
I have my days where i think i should swap over the factory 03 cobra computer and harness to that system.
Do i need to? No, but i had a ton of notes and drawings i made when i swapped over engines and by leaving the books in my garage (which gets really humid in a summer rain) All the freaken ink and pencil disappeared and it's been so long at this point i don't really remember what i did. I don't want this thing to be a nightmare for my kids one day (or maybe even myself) when troubleshooting.
I personally love the Holley stuff , I am a bigger fan of the hp/dominator stuff over the term x but I have done and or been involved in 5 cars with an x And only had an issue on one ls not using fActory gm crank and cam sensor . Otherwise flawless . A lot of the issues are mainly to do guys installing them who have no business doing it but because of the entry price it got them in and that leads to many issues .

My car has had a hp since march of 18

Jeff, when i say future proof, what i'm getting at is 20 years from now, will it still be supported?
I remember the systems from the early days of tuning fox race cars and you see nothing of them now.
I'm not so worried about the install, it's got to be easier than spending weeks with manuals for two different cars and thinning out a factory harness. Gives me anxiety even thinking about what i did.

Megasquirt was initially developed in 2001 and the current form is from around 2010. It’s still well supported although those first gen units are no longer made.

I’d have to imagine Holley will be as well, but really my concern would be if something better comes along and the first gen Holleys fall out of favor.

Jeff, when i say future proof, what i'm getting at is 20 years from now, will it still be supported?
I remember the systems from the early days of tuning fox race cars and you see nothing of them now.
I'm not so worried about the install, it's got to be easier than spending weeks with manuals for two different cars and thinning out a factory harness. Gives me anxiety even thinking about what i did.
As of now I honestly can’t say I’m certain . They are of course always evolving . As of now the Holley is still In so many cars I say it’s going to be relevant for a quite a while given it’s capability .

I know guys who have been running it since it’s early days probably 5 years before me and it was way more primitive. It’s only gotten better and been used in more cars.

But If you were buying something today - fuel tech , haltech and others have made stuff that does more depending on your needs . To me we haven’t found a limit in a street car where the Holley didn’t do what we needed it as of now

The stock dash is easy to make work with a 4.6.
The sensors are still of the single wire type.
Then use a tach adapter for the tach.
Personally, i don't care for that holley dash, i understand it's usefulness, but it looks totally wrong in a foxbody.

Last edited:
The stock dash is easy to make work with a 4.6.
The sensors are still of the single wire type.
Then use a tach adapter for the tach.
Personally, i don't care for that holley dash, i understand it's usefulness, but it looks totally wrong in a foxbody.
Don’t even need a tach adapter. You can get the tach signal directly from the Holley ECU. I agree though, not a fan of the Holley Dashes.

Reactions: 1 user
Don’t even need a tach adapter. You can get the tach signal directly from the Holley ECU. I agree though, not a fan of the Holley Dashes.
Yeah, i keep forgetting that the holley stuff does the tach. My setup runs the factory 03 cobra computer, which i needed (or at least i think i needed) the adapter.