Another Mustang sold....

fox1x

Oct 3, 2005
Northwest Ohio
Well, I gone and done it... I sold the 2000 MGT. Of course, the next logical idea in this thread would be directed towards: "Well, what did you sell it for?" or, "What did you get to replace it?"

I am going to get flogged for not having pics yet.... but........................................................

I BOUGHT AN '07 MUSTANG GT - WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

It's like being a little kid again!! The car is great.. as of today it has 430 miles on it and I'm waiting to rack up another 100 or so before I "get on it"..

The car is no comparison to my 2000. Not to reference the obvious 40 extra ponies, what caught me is the suspension and the way it handles. The thing loves corners and the ride is almost indesrcibable.

I'm going to Wally World to get some new rechargable batteries for my camera.. Then I'll post the pics in my garage section......

• Sponsors (?)

I test drove an 07 gt the other day and felt the same way as you. Im actually going to place an order once I am 100% sure(about 75% right now) that I want the car. The 07 drove way better than the 06, and the standard i-pod jack, and power passenger seat amongst everything else pretty much sealed the deal

Well, I'm back from Wal*Mart and have uploaded the pics into "My Garage"

Does it feel like your driving a 300hp Walrus???? Cause from what i hear those cars are heavy Ill take you anyday pal

You might call it a "fat Walrus" but #1, it is a Mustang, #2 it is a Mustang with 300 ponies stock, #3 I get over 24 MPG on it city driving (just look at the pics in my garage and you will see 24.1 MPG) #4 it is a stock mustang that runs in the 13's, #5 IT IS A MUSTANG WOO HOO..... And no, it does not feel like a fat walrus.

I love the look and I love the hp but how are those headrests? Looks like your head would be pushed forward...

I thought about buying one but I needed a daily commuter for a 150 mile round trip each day and I already have my vert. I didn't want to buy another car that I would feel bad about putting a 150 miles a day on so I got the high gas mileage commuter instead.

Give me another year or too after the insanity stops and I'll probably buy a GT500.

Go sit in one, the headrests are actually very supportive. My 2000's headrests were not as comfortable as these.

On a side not, I expected to get worse gas mileage with this car. On trips to Frankenmuth MI I was getting 26-27 in my 2000. I thought that was phenominal. However, this '07 is already doing better in city MPG than my 2000 did; so I'm gonna guess and say that I can probably hit 30 with it.

fox1x said:
Go sit in one, the headrests are actually very supportive. My 2000's headrests were not as comfortable as these.

On a side not, I expected to get worse gas mileage with this car. On trips to Frankenmuth MI I was getting 26-27 in my 2000. I thought that was phenominal. However, this '07 is already doing better in city MPG than my 2000 did; so I'm gonna guess and say that I can probably hit 30 with it.

I get 33mpg on my commuter but the other factors are that it hails in Colorado a lot and I park in a getto parking lot in downtown Denver. So I don't want my pony exposed. I like her home tucked away in my garage till I get home. But I love the look of the new stangs. :nice:

GDawg,
At least you have a garage.... I live in Toledo in the Ghetto.. I just finished with school and will hopefully be moving after some of my job prospects are sorted out. The I will have my own garage.. muh ha ha ha

I realy wanted performance white. However, every one within the area was being sent to Roush and Saleen. We looked at the closest 300 dealerships and only found two that were't being sent away. The first one was sold when we called on it, the second was in Arkansas. So black was my second color choice.

The gauges arene't bad. I like them about as much as my previous Stang, it is kind of neat that you can change the color of them if you get tired of one in particular.

And a little update on the fuel economy. I reset the trip and drove an hour to my parents and back (about 120 miles) and the gauge hit 30.7 for average mpg. I was driving about 56. I went back and fueled up and figured it myself I got 30.1; so I'm pretty satisfied with that aspect of the car.

96_SVT_VeNoM said:
Iam glad you got a mustang:nice: But my mustang does all those things previously stated with about 400 pounds less on-board, I got 305hp stock, and since i have the original window sticker, i get 18city and 26highway. My car also runs in the 13s stock(although its deeper in than yours) Oh and no offense but those cars are ugly:notnice: Wheres tomustang??? He'll back me up. 3-valve FTL

Dude why such a negative response.......the guys loves his new car and i like it too......I bet it will burn you as is STOCK.....

BTW.....nice gt fox1x.....I bet it will sound good with a set of magnaflows!:nice: