Another PI Intake Question

Nuge

Oct 8, 2007
MN
I apologize, I searched and read through many of the PI Intake threads but couldn't find anything related to my issue.
I purchased the following Intake Manifold off of Ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0174001566&category0=&fvi=1&item=270174001566

I just received it today and I have a couple questions.

#1 - The only part number I can find on it is 615-175. This doesn't seem to be a Ford part number but maybe it is. I'm hoping it's not some knock-off or something but it has me wondering mainly because of the following.

#2 - The aluminum crossover has 2 ports for the sensors but the "kit" includes a plug if you don't need the second port. I thought I would have to tap a second hole, not that I'm complaining I won't but I didn't see any reference to a PI Intake having the second port already drilled.

and

#3 - The paperwork it came with claims that it does not require additional intake gaskets. It has "molded" gaskets in the bottom, they look like o-rings. Again, I haven't read of this before and I'm wondering how it will work with the RTV method of using NPI gaskets vs PI gaskets and the whole sealing the air vs coolant debate.

Currently my 98 Mustang GT I just bought apparently has the updated NPI intake on it as it has an aluminum crossover on it. I think I can use my same altenator bracket... hopefully. And hopefully I'll be installing this the same time as my PI cams, as well as my used Vortech V2 S trim I just bought.

Thanks,
Trent

• Sponsors (?)

The paperwork it came with claims that it does not require additional intake gaskets. It has "molded" gaskets in the bottom, they look like o-rings. Again, I haven't read of this before and I'm wondering how it will work with the RTV method of using NPI gaskets vs PI gaskets and the whole sealing the air vs coolant debate.

Take some pics of that. I would like to see the ports on it:nice:

Take some pics of that. I would like to see the ports on it:nice:

Here's a few pics.

IMG_5877-vi.jpg

IMG_5878-vi.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5877-vi.jpg
    IMG_5877-vi.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5878-vi.jpg
    IMG_5878-vi.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 128
How about contacting who you bought it from and ask them what brand and intake it is...

Good Luck!

Good idea. I have been in contact with the seller and he's been very responsive. If anything he does seem to be a bit elusive on the make/model of the intake though. I'll ask him once again tomorrow to find out. He also has a complete kit on Ebay tailored to putting a PI intake on NPI heads.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ry0=&fvi=1&item=270177427531#ebayphotohosting

I don't believe it's the exact same intake I receive though as he said I would have to return the one I got and he'd send out this one. I see it has seperate gaskets and the "o-ring" around the TB area is a different color as well. I may give that a try.

T

Adapter will help eliminate using rvt, I did rvt twice and still leak like mofo, so my last chance is using adapter.

I am one of the first to do this swap and I have done it to about 4 - 5 cars now. I was the 2nd or 3rd after Johnny Langton was the first who did this. On my car, I used NPI gaskets, the others PI gaskets and I have never used the adapters. Not one car has developed a leak and one of them has over 40,000 miles on the swap. I am not sure what you did wrong, but...

That's a Dorman PI intake IIRC...they came with the 2nd hole pre-tapped and with built in gaskets. I know I've seen manifolds like that before. Don't worry dude, you just got a manifold that will make your headache a little less painful when doing the swap. Just use a TINY amount of RTV to seal up the coolant ports and you'll be fine.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-...ory_list=1442:676&vfrom=&vtime=45716&item_no=

Here it is, your 615-175
https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-...&vfrom=&prev=&vnext=&category_list=1442:676:0

That's a Dorman PI intake IIRC...they came with the 2nd hole pre-tapped and with built in gaskets. I know I've seen manifolds like that before. Don't worry dude, you just got a manifold that will make your headache a little less painful when doing the swap. Just use a TINY amount of RTV to seal up the coolant ports and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the info! Moorhead huh.... too bad you aren't closer to the Twin Cities. Could always use a wrenching buddy who's BTDT. Also, you know of any good tuners in the Twin Cities, I currently have a Predator chip and I'll need it retuned once the S/C goes on.

Thanks,

Trent

Will that intake make as much power as the ford PI intake?
It is a Ford PI Intake...modified by Dorman.

Thanks for the info! Moorhead huh.... too bad you aren't closer to the Twin Cities. Could always use a wrenching buddy who's BTDT. Also, you know of any good tuners in the Twin Cities, I currently have a Predator chip and I'll need it retuned once the S/C goes on.

Thanks,

Trent

I have a friend (MisterCMK) who goes down there quite regularly...He helped me with the swap. I was going to go down there this weekend for the U of M vs NDSU game but a local highschool teacher died and I might be going to his funeral instead. It's not that bad, don't sweat too much over it.

I got my car tuned by Andy from Dynotune in Watertown, SD. He's awesome...deals with Predators too.