Progress Thread Help 1996 Mustang Gt Pi Bullit Swap

thatrioredgt

Jan 11, 2018
Hey everyone my names Jack i just joined the forum hoping to get some help on an upcoming swap i’ll be doing in my 1996 Mustang Gt. If I have posted this in the wrong place i’m sorry in advance. I am looking to get a PI motor for my car because the non-PI motor in my car decided to blow a head gasket and melt the intake manifold. The motor I’m looking at is a 70k PI motor out of a Grand Marquis with a bullitt intake, bbk 24lb injectors and fuel rails with screamin demon coil packs and live wires. The guy who is selling it had this motor in a 1997 sn95 mustang so I am assuming he has done most of the work for me. I know the oil pan sensor in the 96’ is exclusive to the year but what will i have to do to be able to get my car running and on the road. The guy said he had wiring issues and it wouldn’t pass inspection which is why he decided to part the car. What other questions should I ask him? Could that have been the fault of not doing things correctly or was there something he missed while swapping things over that I should do? For the price it’s hard to pass up. Just not looking to dig myself into a hole on this one.

• Sponsors (?)

What specifically are the "wiring" issues? What exactly did it fail for(a copy of the report might be nice). Sounds like he screwed something up since this swap has been done many, many times and is quite straightforward.

What specifically are the "wiring" issues? What exactly did it fail for(a copy of the report might be nice). Sounds like he screwed something up since this swap has been done many, many times and is quite straightforward.

Here was his reply “Air bag light was on and I wore through the o2 sensor wiring and a ground wire and some wires in the wheel well. Also the exhaust was to loud and the car was to low“. He lives in MA which just had a refresh of inspection laws which makes it harder for modified cars to pass inspection. I’m in NH so the laws are a little more lax on exhaust and ride height. Am i able to reuse the wiring from my car on this motor by modifying it?

Not sure on the reuse although it does sound reasonable, hopefully an OP who has done it will chime in. Myself I would try fixing the wiring(first thing I do when purchasing a car is to get the Factory Service Manual with all of the Attachments, including the schematics) unless totally buggered up.

If you can't hear the engine run I'd walk away unless it's dirt cheap and you can tear it down to check out chains, cam followers and such. Salvage yards are a better choice when buying an engine you can't hear run.

If you can't hear the engine run I'd walk away unless it's dirt cheap and you can tear it down to check out chains, cam followers and such. Salvage yards are a better choice when buying an engine you can't hear run.

I was contemplating getting cams for the motor which would involve a tear down and i could check things out. here is a picture of the motor with everything on it. he’s offering headers with it too now. all in its 1200 which for the intake and other components pays for itself. the motor was up for 500 alone and 1000 for the intake.
2A013734-534E-4908-BBAE-BD6FB4B3B820.jpeg