Another Wide Band O2 Sensor Question

flstang65

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
SE Georgia
I am saving up for a wide band set up. I don't have a lot of money so I am buying things one step at a time. I have a Autometer Procomp II gauge mounted and installed already (the light show is fun at night) that i got used for cheap. My question is, can I use one of the rear O2 sensor bungs to mount the new wideband sensor? I have a non catted X pipe and have disabled the rear O2's with my tuner.

• Sponsors (?)

you want the O2 sensor as close to the engine as possible for the most accurate reading.

While thats best practice, its not required. Why do u think dyno's go into the rear of the pipe? Why do u think an accessory for most wide band is to mount in the end of the pipe? The wide band sensor rears based upon heat and adjust accordingly. So there for, anywhere along the pipe is ok. I personally think you should put the sensor up as close to the manifold as possible but its not required.

My Innovative lm-1 was this way. Some others may not so don't take this info to heart, only what I know from personal experince and reading directions on a few different models from innovative.